Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us where you discovered about the Retro Gaming Roundup show

Blog Entries

Default Tell us where you discovered about the Retro Gaming Roundup show

Fill us in on where you discovered the show, were curious!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Searched for "Classic Gaming" on itunes podcast directory.

Was extremely pleased to find such a huge podcast + added bonus that you don't class JRPG games on the PS2 as retro
    Twitter[/COLOR]
    "The penalty for failure is video death"

Blog Entries

What's the PS2?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

It's one of these

I could never play any games on them though
    Twitter[/COLOR]
    "The penalty for failure is video death"

5. Talking

It's one of these
    Haha... IBM PS/2

I was here from the beginning, it's a fantastic show guys, keep up the good work.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Fan of Retrogaming Radio, and got into RGR via MonroeWorld forums.

Same as BydoEmpire73, I was "inherited" from Retrogaming radio.
    I filled the time inbetween by catching up on retrobits.

Blog Entries

I hit up iTunes searching for retro gaming related podcasts every now and then when I initially got an iPod last year, I found RetroforceGo! and thought "Alright, surely there are other people doing this." And I was right. Found the RetroMac Cast and 1Up's Retronauts.

But this was before RGRoundUp was around ... found RGRoundUp on episode 2.

I drive around for 2 and a half to 3 hours a night delivering papers (trust me, it's not anything like Paperboy) and when I saw RGRoundUp I was used to Retroforce's hour and a half to two hour episodes which are the perfect length for me. But sometimes my podcast list is just not updated enough to fill the night.

I saw the length of RGRoundUp and thought "Holy shit that's long. KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!ing perfect!" So I skipped episode 1 so I could listen to them in order and I've been listening ever since.

I never understood people bitching about the length though since it's a monthly deal with the occasional special episode thrown in. These weekly podcasts that are an hour to an hour and a half long (like the one I'm a part of) equal out to about 4 to 5 hours or more even when totaled up for a month.

I love the long format, it's like a monthly nerd/retro opera. lol

I was hesitant about doing anything with the forums because I generally HATE forums. Especially gaming ones. But it's different around here in the fact that I'm not seeing 50 million KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!KABOOM!ing posts about "MODERN WARFARE 2 IZ DEE AWESOMEST" ... or Halo or whatever PS3 game people are playing.

Especially since I can't STAND most modern first person shooters. Unreal Tournament for the win, and the Quake dude would beat the shit outta Soap McTavish from Modern Warfare any day.

I know Quake and Unreal Tournament aren't exactly "retro" ... Quake maybe since it came out in 1996 for DOS ... but UT is questionable since it came out in 1999.

I just wanted to share how I found the podcast, why I like the forums and to do my usual bashing of boring, slow paced modern first person shooters. kthx

Oh, and Scott, for the record, I beat Terminator Salvation in about 4 hours on Easy. It's definitely not a BAD game by any stretch of the imagination (it's actually better on the iPhone) ... but it's too short and there's lots of areas where it just falls short. Like alluding to you fighting this big, badass enemy only to find out it never happens. And cutting down what could have been awesome gameplay scenarios to a cut scene that's a few seconds long. :\

It was worth the 10 bucks I spent on it though. If I paid 60 for it though I would've been PISSED because, even though it has cooperative play, it doesn't have Xbox Live support, so no playing with friends online to make the game better.
    David "Dhalamar" Miller
    http://www.wastedseconds.com - Wasted Seconds
    The Wasted Seconds Podcast at http://podcast.wastedseconds.com
    iTunes http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/t...st/id377809676
    PSN : DhalamarWS
    Steam : Dhalamar
    OnLive : Dhalamar

I heard about it from the promo feed on abother podcast. Possibly Slice of Sci fi, Technorama, or tuning into scifi TV.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast