Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armchair Arcade TV and Radio

Red face Armchair Arcade TV and Radio

Episode 3 - Satans Hollow

In case anyone is interested, I posted a video overview of one of my favorite arcade games of all time (along with Pooyan), Satans Hollow. I look at the arcade version, Atari 8-bit/5200, Commodore 64 (C-64), and GameCube/PS2/Xbox/Windows versions.

All of the details are available here: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/3167

<EMBED src=http://blip.tv/play/AYHMkywC width=480 height=300 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>
    Last edited by bill_loguidice; 01-09-10 at 03:37.

Cool Armchair Arcade Radio - Episode 1

Download the episode here - http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/3376

Expanding out from our videos, Armchair Arcade is now proud to present its first official episode of Armchair Arcade radio! This episode, hosted by Matt Barton, features material from each member of AA's staff: Bill Loguidice, Mark Vergeer, Christina Loguidice, and Chris Kennedy. Enjoy the episode and don't forget to tell all your retro computing and gaming friends! Stay tuned to Armchair Arcade for future episodes.

Topics include:

* Does playing videogames make you smarter?
    * What was the first "recognizable" personal computer to offer BASIC?
    * How do international copyright laws and DRM hamper the European gaming scene?
    * What are Webkins, why are they so popular, and is it part of larger trend?
    * How does your choice of sound card affect the quality of your vintage gaming PC?

The podcast is available in 48K and 128K formats.

Blog Entries

Thanks Bill, I'll give it a listen. It'll be interesting to hear your views on Europe.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Thanks Bill!... i can never get enough gaming related content with retro flavor...

PS: Man there are a lot of smiley icons here!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJet View Post
    PS: Man there are a lot of smiley icons here!
    Gotta love the icons!

Episode 2 of the Armchair Arcade Radio podcast is now out: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/3440

The post:

"Armchair Arcade is proud to present the second episode of Armchair Arcade Radio. Hosted by Matt Barton, this episode features the music of Metroid Metal and segments from each member of Armchair Arcade: Mark Vergeer, Bill Loguidice, Christina Loguidice, and Chris Kennedy.

Topics and Approximate Times Below:

* Matt Barton talks classic turn-based computer role-playing games and why nobody is making them anymore (00:02:43)
    * Mark Vergeer and everything you ever wanted to know about shoot'em up games (00:26:09)
    * Bill Loguidice talks about the history and reasons for owning a personal computer, starting from 1980 (00:51:05)
    * Christina Loguidice explains why more women and girls aren't interested in gaming (01:00:59)
    * Chris Kennedy interviews Grant Henry, Father Brain of Metroid Metal (01:10:50)"
    Last edited by bill_loguidice; 01-09-10 at 03:35.

Blog Entries

Great, I'm looking forward to Christina's segment, as my wife always professes a dislike of video games but happily plays her DS until 2am most nights, being somewhat of an insomniac.

Will it be available via rss feed at some point?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Great, I'm looking forward to Christina's segment, as my wife always professes a dislike of video games but happily plays her DS until 2am most nights, being somewhat of an insomniac.

Will it be available via rss feed at some point?

The information and links for the RSS feed and iTunes are in the linked blog post. :-)

Christina does make a comment of sorts about what makes a gamer. I guess - at least based on what she says - your wife is definitely a gamer too. Congrats. ;-)

Two new unboxing videos (the next Armchair Arcade Radio podcast is hitting soon as well), and Episode 4, where I cover the Atari 7800's Midnight Mutants is also only about another week away.

PS3 The Ultimate House Party Unboxing:
    <embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYH_1ioC" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Boogie Board Accessories Unboxing:
    <embed src="http://blip.tv/play/AYH_30YC" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="300" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Default AAR podcast Episode 3: Adventures, Horror, Mario, Addiction

Episode 3: Adventures, Horror, Mario, Addiction (http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/3492)

It's Armchair Arcade Radio episode three, featuring the talents of Matt Barton, Rob Daviau, Bill & Christina Loguidice, and Chris Kennedy. I *love* this episode! Everything came together so beautifully; anyone who cares about classic games should not only download it, but take pains to preserve it!

Download the episode here (128K format).

Topics and Approximate Times Below:

* Matt talks about the rise and fall of adventure games (3:16)
    * Rob discusses survival horror (41:23)
    * Bill & Christina celebrate Super Mario's 25th Anniversary (71:31)
    * Chris focuses on Videogame Addiction (94:27)

Enjoy, and please let us know what you think of the episode. We really appreciate your feedback, so sound off! We can't wait to read your reactions to all of our hard work. Don't leave us hanging!

Musical interludes include Daventry by Mark Seibert, Yo Africa! by daXX, Aztec Challenge remix by Load Error, and Space Debris by Captain/Image.

Click here for the Armchair Arcade Radio RSS feed or here for the show on iTunes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast