Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pandora is getting close to release.

just noticed this on Craig's twitter :
    "Pandora batch2 ordering at end of this month. Please be patient, try not to send us too many emails right now, very busy shipping batch1! " it seems a little optimistic to me to start ordering the second batch when the first batch isn't even close to being finished, but hey, i am just the end user

Well i got impatient and i decided to go and join the one nub club(where you skip the queue and you get the pandora with one nub broken), i thought would go down this route, well because of three reasons :

1) some of the people on the forums over at http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php...-one-nub-club/ have been saying that they have fixed some nubs with compressed air and calibration.
    2) people on the forum have been getting ones that work anyway (worth taking a chance)
    3) the second nub is ok for games like robo0tron and smash tv, but other than that i cannot think of another use for it.

So i got my email yesterday :
    "Hello,

This is to confirm your Pandora has been shipped.

If you are in the UK you can look forward to recieving your order in the next 24 hours (weekends not always included), if you chose UPS shipping you should recieve your order in the next 48 hours (weekends not included). Airmail will take 2-12 days.

We want to thank you for sticking with the Pandora project for all this time. We hope you will enjoy the final product. You can head over to gp32x.com to talk on the forums and soon enjoy your Pandora.

Thanks so much,

Craig and the Pandora team."

Not long now

It arrived today, the nub was broken, i then changed the gui, and went into the configurations for the nub, and it works perfectly really happy with that, and i skipped the queue. I am just putting some "stuff" on to my sd card, so i will hopefully have a small review for you next week after i messed about with my pandora a bit, oh just one fault i found so far, the x,y,a,b buttons are mixed up....but hell i can live with that. The Pandora doesn't just feel amazing, it looks amazing as well

Edit: Turns out the X,Y,A,B buttons are suppose to be like that.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 17-07-10 at 08:37. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by bill_loguidice View Post
    That's the question, really, is it worth the premium over the Wiz or Dingoo or any of the other emulation-centric handhelds that have come out since the Pandora was announced many moons ago? I only have one open source handheld, the GP2X-F200, in my collection, and was/have been certainly underwhelmed by it (the price I paid at the time didn't help with my opinion of it either). The key factors in the Pandora's favor on paper (for me) are the battery life (10 hours+), controls (digital plus analog) - and most importantly from a do-everything emulator in my opinion - a keyboard (creating far less stress when emulating computers). The fact that it can double as a type of netbook (via a full-featured Linux) helps justify its price further. Whether the semi-pro devs behind this device can pull everything off remains to be seen - certainly their planning skills are criminal - but even after the long wait my mind will remain open. Would I have gone through with my pre-order had I known it was going to be *this* long? Probably not, but it doesn't change the fact that on paper anyway there's no way I wouldn't want this thing, so that's why my money remains in their hands.
    I was wondering if you had recieved your pandora yet?, i don't think anyone mention how great the screen is as well

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    I was wondering if you had recieved your pandora yet?, i don't think anyone mention how great the screen is as well
    Pandora? What's that? I ASSUME I'm still getting one, maybe even this year. I think I need to consult a psychic to know for sure, though. It will be about as reliable a predictor as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_loguidice View Post
    Pandora? What's that? I ASSUME I'm still getting one, maybe even this year. I think I need to consult a psychic to know for sure, though. It will be about as reliable a predictor as anything else.
    LOL, really it is going to be worth the wait, look at it this way all the time you are waiting for your Pandora, the software is progressing, the Ginge emulator came out a month or so ago it is the wiz, gp2x emulator and it works pretty well (man i love cave story on the gp2x) also mame4all has come out on the pandora, needs some clocking when running games like outrun, but other than that it runs pretty good. Also Picodrive has just added 32x support, i only found about three or four games not to work on that. They have released a 2D MMORPG called the mana tree, also a torrent downloader called transmission . I know the team has been having nub trouble, and were waiting for new nubs to be tested and delivered so i hope you get one of them, and soon.
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 27-09-10 at 05:59.

As I've mentioned at Armchair Arcade, I'm SERIOUSLY close to requesting a refund for my $400+. The two year wait is bad enough, but I'm starting to see things like the Panasonic Jungle and MMC that would meet my needs eventually if I so chose, and I could put that $400+ towards an Alienware laptop RIGHT now, which would be helpful because I don't have a gaming PC at all these days.

Blog Entries

Have you had no estimated delivery time at all?

In the land of customer service Bill, I would expect you to negotiate at least a little discount for your dissatisfaction.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

I owned a gp2x for a short while. I sold it due to the poor battery life, dodgy dpad and lack of buttons. The pandora looks nice indeed but i will stick to my pc for emulation and hope some good emus get made for the ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Have you had no estimated delivery time at all?

In the land of customer service Bill, I would expect you to negotiate at least a little discount for your dissatisfaction.
    I was told I was 750 - 850 in the queue back in May... Now the two year anniversary of the pre-order is coming up, I did in fact send the "refund" request e-mail. We'll see if/when I hear back...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast