Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pandora is getting close to release.

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    i just noticed this over on dcemu, check out the c64 goodness :

http://pandora.dcemu.co.uk/commodore...eo-277114.html
    I love this thing! I forgot how many great titles the C64 had! Does it have any storage capabilities other than the SD card slots?

Blog Entries

No I didn't pre-order but I am watching how it develops and how it works on release.

Trouble is, I'm pretty set with my PSP and the emulators etc I have on there so I never bought a GP32 or GP2X either.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by spoonmectr View Post
    I love this thing! I forgot how many great titles the C64 had! Does it have any storage capabilities other than the SD card slots?
    No, it does has have usb ports, i presume you can connect an external hard drive to it if you have to. It has i think two sd card slots and the slots are compatible with sdhc, so you can go pretty high on them.

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Trouble is, I'm pretty set with my PSP and the emulators etc I have on there so I never bought a GP32 or GP2X either.
    I have had a gp32 and gp2x, and mame worked really well on them, the battery power on the gp32 was good, but the gp2x really sucked on battery power, it was almost like going back to the atari lynx. The amiga emulator was good on the gp2x quite fast and accurate. I also have a psp (pandored of course ) i do like the emulators on them, but what i really hated was the screen being stretch, also i hated the d-pad on the psp. I think i use my ds more . The pandora it has both blue tooth and wifi so hopefully (i guess i am just dreaming) we might get some emulated two play action over the net, or head to head. That would be something. Also the pandora is more powerful than the psp and the devs are working on a dreamcast emulator for it, that reminds me Miner, check this out :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Handh...deoGameConsole
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 26-12-09 at 06:28. Reason: i just thought of other stuff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lestat1uk View Post
    that reminds me Miner, check this out :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Portable-Handh...deoGameConsole
    Hmm, that free spinning disc is not great though. I think that stuff is best left to Ben Heck.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

it looks pretty cool, there is a cover for it, but i don't think it is really good for mobility, i think i probably would have put a bid in if i had not gone down the pandora road.

6. Exclamation

To think that it will not be long before i get to play N64 games on a hand held
    In my opinion, this is the only thing the Pandora possibly has over devices such as the Dingoo A-320; a real GPU.

The Pandora seems much too pricey, much too big, and way over hyped.
    It almost looks like it would feel like playing an emulator on small netbook.

The Dingoo A-320, can do everything the Pandora will be capable of doing, except those things that will require a real GPU.
    Therefore, despite my love of gadgetry, I have little to no interest in preordering or even purchasing the Pandora.

Plus, it seems like it would be uncomfortable to hold, while the Dingoo A-320 feels much like using an SNES controller, and is very light weight.

Can anyone confirm that the Pandora features some type of PowerVR GPU similar to that of the one found in the iPod Touch / iPhone?

+1 on the Dingoo. Plus its 1/3 the price!

hi,
    i can confirm that the pandora has PowerVR SGX OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware, here are the specs :
    http://www.open-pandora.org/

the pandora is not that big compared to to a nintendo ds lite, it is only just bigger than a ds lite, and thicker.

i do agree that the pandora is alot of money, but for what is planned for the pandora, i would say it is worth it, hey, they are even working on a dreamcast emulator on it, you won't see that on a dingaoo (i think i may need to get one of these devices to play around with whilst i wait for my pandora).

Alot of people talk about the ipod touch/ iphone as a gaming platform, (i have an ipod touch) i would not even consider it untill there is a decent controller for it, the controls on the touch are really bad, i find a lot games/emulators so hard to play on it.

As far as the comfort of playing the pandora, both you and i can only guess what it would be like, but as i said before, as soon as i get mine i will give a full review of what i think of the pandora when it arrives

Also you say the pandora has been over hyped, but i know so many people that have not heard of it, on both the net and in the the real world.

I am thinking also about text adventures on the keyboard, on a hand held, that would be cool to be able to play zork and kings quest on a hand held, there are so many possibilities with the pandora.

I like gadgets to, and before the end of the week i will order myself dingaoo, and see how i go with that, but by the looks of it it doesn't seem like it cannot do anything my gp2x can do (other than battery life).
    Last edited by lestat1uk; 29-12-09 at 09:35. Reason: information

Quote Originally Posted by Troglodyte View Post
    In my opinion, this is the only thing the Pandora possibly has over devices such as the Dingoo A-320; a real GPU.

The Pandora seems much too pricey, much too big, and way over hyped.
    It almost looks like it would feel like playing an emulator on small netbook.

The Dingoo A-320, can do everything the Pandora will be capable of doing, except those things that will require a real GPU.
    Therefore, despite my love of gadgetry, I have little to no interest in preordering or even purchasing the Pandora.

Plus, it seems like it would be uncomfortable to hold, while the Dingoo A-320 feels much like using an SNES controller, and is very light weight.

Can anyone confirm that the Pandora features some type of PowerVR GPU similar to that of the one found in the iPod Touch / iPhone?
    Hey I have a question you might know the answer to, is there a working C64 emulator for the Dingoo yet? I'm sooooo on the fence about the Pandora but the Dingoo sounds much more appealing due to price.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

10. Exclamation

Is there a working C64 emulator for the Dingoo yet?
    Yes, I know of at least two; Frodo and VICE.
    They seem to be in constant development,
    one or both of them may require Dingux.

I have yet to try either of them, since I
    recently sold my Dingoo due to lack of
    funds. I will be buying a new one soon
    enough though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast