• Mario Kart Super Circuit - Game Boy Advance

0 0%
  • Wings of Fury - Game Boy Color

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/09 Top-10 Cartridge Based Handheld Games

Blog Entries

Default 11/09 Top-10 Cartridge Based Handheld Games

In our November 2009 podcast we tackle the Top-10 Cartridge Based Handheld Games. How did we rate? What did we completely forget about? Chime in and let us know.

And, don't forget to VOTE!

I don't see how I could vote for anything but Tetris, but I'm going to wait until I hear all the arguments...

Smile

I'm with Bydo, Tetris must be the number one pick. Not only the greatest handheld cart but probably the greatest pack in game of all time. One of the few games that I can remember dreaming about - Playing the damn thing in my sleep over and over again.

Marioland was also great, all that platformy goodness in a handheld and just when you get used to running and jumping it throws in a "shoot 'em up" level as well. Excellent. It's still as enjoyable today - Although I must say it seems to have gotten a lot easier as I've got older.

Zelda: Link's Awakening is fantastic too I still can't believe how they managed to cram in a full blown RPG into the little grey brick it even rivals the SNES version (although not quite there) but the story made me keep playing till i completed it.

Theres probably more i can think off but off to grab the show and have a listen first

Just curious: am I the only person in the world who thinks TETRIS is overrated? I don't hate it certainly, but I just don't get the mass adulation. To me it's a fun but average game. (It doesn't touch KLAX, for instance.)

Just me?

-CSJ

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CinemaslaveJoe View Post
    Just me?
    I doubt it, but you must be in a small minority.

Not many other games or even genres are so universally liked. Resident Evil is popular but some people hate the genre, Halo sells millions but I'm not a big fan.

Puzzlers are almost without exception popular in general.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Activision Anthology was really, really well done. It was permanently in the GBA-slot of my original DS, and is a great pick. Definitely deserves to be up there.

I loved playing Klax on the Lynx. It was definitely my most played Lynx game. One of the best arcade to portable game system conversions.
    When you think you are a tough avenger, switch the difficulty to A, and then try Ultimate Yars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire73 View Post
    Activision Anthology was really, really well done. It was permanently in the GBA-slot of my original DS, and is a great pick. Definitely deserves to be up there.
    Thanks. As I thought I wouldn't be the only one thinking this should be in there. It still amazes me they stuffed all those great games on one cart. Gotta love techonology

Blog Entries

10. Thumbs up

Thanks to Scott, I am bidding on this:
    Awesome... that is my duplicate copy that I am selling
    Hopefully, you end up the winner.

Anyway, it seems maybe that you have never played Metroid II: Return of Samus?

In my opinion, it is better than the version of Metroid, but the best version of Metroid was Super Metroid (also known as Metroid 3), and unfortunatly does not diserve to be in this Top-10 list. Perhaps it would have a place in a Top-20, or Top-30 list. Certaintly not anything less than that though as it is a good game (if not a little directionally confusing, like the original Metroid).

As far as I am concerned, Tetris is obviously number one... The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening should be second. In my opinion, it is even better than the SNES version of The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

However, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins should also be in there as discussed. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 should also be in there. In my opinion, it is one of the best Wario games, and should be placed above Super Mario Land 2.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast