Thread: Greetings!

Default Greetings!

Hello all,

I'm Joe Barlow, in Scranton, PA. I just discovered the RetroGamingRoundup podcast this week, and blew through the entire archive in a matter of days. (Thank goodness I can listen to my iPod at work!) I am very pleased with the show, and have loved hearing so much about one of my favorite topics: classic video games.

Before I got married, I had a number of arcade games, but I got rid of them when the wife moved in. MAME and DAPHNE have rekindled my love of the video game bug, however, and I'm VERY interested in building a MAME cabinet of my own.

At any rate, I'm glad to be here. Keep up the great work on the podcast, and don't listen to the people who say that 5-hour shows are too long! I wish they were longer!

-Joe Barlow
    Scranton, PA

Blog Entries

Cool. Glad to have you as a listener. The October show should be hitting any day so keep an eye out

Blog Entries

Great to have you, spread the word! By the way, how did you find us? Check out UKs comments on Maximus as a front end to integrate MAME and Daphne, you can build a sweet one cab solution!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Thanks, guys! I'm delighted to see that another new episode hit my iTunes feed this morning. It'll help me get through work tomorrow.

I found the show through iTunes, just by searching on "video games" and "retro".

I have seen UK's video of his Mame/Daphne cabinet on his web page, and Maximus definitely looks like a great piece of software. I'm typically a Mac guy myself, but I think I'll probably try to pick up a used Pentium III or Pentium IV to serve as the brains of my future cab. I picked up a copy of the ExtremeTech book "Build Your Own Arcade Machine" this week, and have been devouring it.

I appreciate the welcome.

-CSJ