Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The CrapMAME in Mexico Thread

Default The CrapMAME in Mexico Thread

Most arcades in my city in Mexico these days are home made cabs with MAME or an Xbox inside. I'll post pictures of my findings here.

I saw these cabs at a Kids' Party place over the weekend.

I took these pics some time ago. I was at another kids' party (though this one was in a more ghetto part of the city) and got to see the following monstrosities.

Loved the fact that you really don't get to play with the joysticks, but with the attached gamepad instead.

Damn... I wish they would've used a bezel... in order to hide that 1980's TV the decided to put in there!

LOL at Channel 4! Eventually, some dudes decided to change the channel to watch the soccer match. XD

Who needs a freakin' cab? Just use that crate we have on the back, drill some holes on it. We're set!

My favorite of the bunch. Little kids also get a chance to play Famicom clones in this mini cab. Just don't forget your jello spoon in there!

Who am I kidding? I had a blast!

Playing some sort of Solitaire...

Dream Gear is the beez kneez!

Blog Entries

I'm tempted to say "only in Mexico" but I suspect many other cheap ass countries have similar "cabs"

Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I'm tempted to say "only in Mexico" but I suspect many other cheap ass countries have similar "cabs"

Yeah like the old broken down arcade cabs you always find buried away in some backstreet arcade in Blackpool. At least the colours on screen are right in these and the edges of the joystick area are'nt burned away with fag ends. Though I suspect the ambient smell our versions of these backstreet arcades contain ( bacon/eggs/chips and brown sludge 'in-a-mug' for a quid ) wouldn't translate in the same way?

At least there IS a use for all those old CRT telly's somewhere along the line.

Blog Entries

I posted this a while back in the news segment, best crapcade ever is in North Korea.

http://kotaku.com/5054514/the-people...an-game-center

Most of the pics seem to be missing, that link had them all in the past. Here is another link but still missing a few pics.

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/2008/0...an-arcade.html
    Last edited by SubaruBrat; 07-10-09 at 07:15.
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

The 9 button control panel...

Blog Entries

Hit the yellow one.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruBrat View Post
    I posted this a while back in the news segment, best crapcade ever is in North Korea.
    Your exact description was classic--The North Korean Sh!tcade. There should be a website that showcases sh!tcades. Sh!tcade.com
    COBOL 4 LIFE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast