View Poll Results: What is the best Horror Video Game?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Typing of the Dead - Dreamcast

0 0%
  • Devil's Crush Pinball - Turbo Grafx 16

2 6.25%
  • Haunted House Pinball

0 0%
  • Resident Evil - PS1

13 40.63%
  • Halloween - Atari 2600

0 0%
  • Phantasmagoria - PC

2 6.25%
  • Ghouls & Ghosts - Genesis/MD

0 0%
  • Alone in the Dark - Game Boy Color

0 0%
  • Zombies Ate My Neighbors - SNES

1 3.13%
  • Castlevania - NES

2 6.25%
  • Silent Hill - PS1

5 15.63%
  • Elvira and the Party Monsters Pinball

1 3.13%
  • 7th Guest - PC/CDi

2 6.25%
  • Ghostbusters - Genesis/MD

0 0%
  • Doom - PC

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/09 Top-10 Horror Games

Blog Entries

Default 10/09 Top-10 Horror Games

This one holds a few surprises I think.

People may be either pleased, angry and anywhere in between.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    This one holds a few surprises I think.

People may be either pleased, angry and anywhere in between.
    Hmm Silent Hill had best be in there. No, Really!!, Silent Hill should really be in there heh..

I'm guessing, Silent Hill ( the original ), Alone in the Dark, Resident Evil:Code Veronica, Forbidden Forest ( mainly because it always turns up in these things but I just never get why? ).. Maybe WEC Lemans too ( that was REALLY horrific! heh ) as for the rest.. Suprise me damnit!

Looking forward to this ..

it has to be doom for first place

1 doom pc
    2 silent hill ps1
    3 resident evil ps1
    4 alone in the dark pc
    5 dracula c64

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foo View Post
    it has to be doom for first place

1 doom pc
    2 silent hill ps1
    3 resident evil ps1
    4 alone in the dark pc
    5 dracula c64
    Ya, a couple of those look familiar

Blog Entries

Default 10/09 Top-10 Horror Games

Here are all our picks. Find out where they ranked and what games didn't make the cut in our Halloween Pocast coming soon!

1. Resident Evil - even though I started th series with #2, the first one was fantastic and the Gamecube remake even better.

2. Doom (PC) - turn off the lights, turn up the speakers and get freaked out. EVERYONE got sucked into the original Doom when I was in college, even guys who didn't play games. It was scary and awesome.

3. Ghost Manor (2600) - one of the Xonox games, and one of my favorites. There were a bunch of different levels that comprised the game - playing "ghost tag" in a cemetary, a shooter in front of the mansion, a maze game inside... Plus if you toggle the B/W switch on the 2600 you could go switch your character sprite from a boy to a girl.

4. Splatterhouse (TG-16) - I've been replayign this on the Wii's virtual console, and it's just over-the-top horror movie fun. Great graphics and a fun theme.

5. Dracula (Intellivision) - play as Dracula and try to suck the civilians' blood, but you have to watch out for the dogs that bite and constables that throw stakes. Coolest of all, it featured a 2p mode where the second player played the victims, but if you got bit, the 2p would turn into a zombie (or werewolf or something) and then work co-op WITH Dracula (1p). Just a great, great game. Awesome graphics for the time, and a really cool gameplay mechanic.

Runner Up: Elivra Scared Stiff Pinball - it's been a long time, but I remember it being a great pin . It featured a spinning spider web in the backglass. I think I'm just fond of it because I have an autographed promo flyer for it.

I have to vote RE of the games listed because it's more of a straight up "horror" theme, but I wouldn't feel bad if Doom was #1...

Default Top-10 Horror Games

Good choices but i would of loved to have seen Fatal Frame and SplatterHouse on the list too.
    Last edited by jboypacman; 03-10-09 at 12:08.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BydoEmpire73 View Post
    1. Resident Evil - even though I started th series with #2, the first one was fantastic and the Gamecube remake even better.

2. Doom (PC) - turn off the lights, turn up the speakers and get freaked out. EVERYONE got sucked into the original Doom when I was in college, even guys who didn't play games. It was scary and awesome.

3. Ghost Manor (2600) - one of the Xonox games, and one of my favorites. There were a bunch of different levels that comprised the game - playing "ghost tag" in a cemetary, a shooter in front of the mansion, a maze game inside... Plus if you toggle the B/W switch on the 2600 you could go switch your character sprite from a boy to a girl.

4. Splatterhouse (TG-16) - I've been replayign this on the Wii's virtual console, and it's just over-the-top horror movie fun. Great graphics and a fun theme.

5. Dracula (Intellivision) - play as Dracula and try to suck the civilians' blood, but you have to watch out for the dogs that bite and constables that throw stakes. Coolest of all, it featured a 2p mode where the second player played the victims, but if you got bit, the 2p would turn into a zombie (or werewolf or something) and then work co-op WITH Dracula (1p). Just a great, great game. Awesome graphics for the time, and a really cool gameplay mechanic.

Runner Up: Elivra Scared Stiff Pinball - it's been a long time, but I remember it being a great pin . It featured a spinning spider web in the backglass. I think I'm just fond of it because I have an autographed promo flyer for it.

I have to vote RE of the games listed because it's more of a straight up "horror" theme, but I wouldn't feel bad if Doom was #1...
    I actually had Ghost Manor and Dracula for Intelli on my list initially. Then after a heated battle with myself dropped them in lieu of Ghouls & Ghosts and Devil's Crush. I also had one of my fav Atari games Frankensteins Monster up there too, it ended up being my runner-up.

I think Forbidden Forrest needs to be up there, a great c64 game that had quite a scary atmosphere for it's time.

7th Guest was great, it was groundbreaking for it's time as well.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Yeah, Forbidden Forest rocked, that definitely deserves a spot.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast