• Operation Wolf

1 4.76%
  • Time Traveler

2 9.52%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/09 Top-10 "HOLY CRAP" Arcade Games

Blog Entries

Default 9/09 Top-10 "HOLY CRAP" Arcade Games

You know a new episode is imminent when you see a new Top-10 Poll arrive in the forums. So for September. . . .

Chime in and vote for the top-10 Arcade Games that made you say, "HOLY CRAP" when you first saw them.

Default Holy Crap Arcade Games

Out of the list of arcade games you have posted the one that was a "Holy Crap!" arcade games was Dragon's Lair.

Walking into the Showbiz/Chuck E. Cheese and see this for the first time was a jaw dropper! A cartoon that you could control i had never seen anything like it before in my young life at that point.

And what was really neat was they had a video monitor above the machine so if there was even a crowd around the machine you could see watch all the action that was very unique for the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jboypacman View Post
    Out of the list of arcade games you have posted the one that was a "Holy Crap!" arcade games was Dragon's Lair.

Walking into the Showbiz/Chuck E. Cheese and see this for the first time was a jaw dropper! A cartoon that you could control i had never seen anything like it before in my young life at that point.

And what was really neat was they had a video monitor above the machine so if there was even a crowd around the machine you could see watch all the action that was very unique for the time.
    Ya, good one. I have been going back and forth on my #1 choice but think I am back to saying Time Traveler. This was one "HOLY CRAP!" game if I'd ever seen one. The cabinet was just as far out there as the idea for a holographic game. It all came together pretty well, albeit for a novelty game at best.

Quote Originally Posted by chasethechuckwagon View Post
    Ya, good one. I have been going back and forth on my #1 choice but think I am back to saying Time Traveler. This was one "HOLY CRAP!" game if I'd ever seen one. The cabinet was just as far out there as the idea for a holographic game. It all came together pretty well, albeit for a novelty game at best.
    Time Traveler is indeed some what impressive we actually had one local at one short point and it was pretty cool looking.

A very unique arcade machine indeed and a good choice to be on your list for sure am still sticking with my pick of Dragon's Lair lol.

Blog Entries

Time Traveler is indeed some what impressive we actually had one local at one short point and it was pretty cool looking.

A very unique arcade machine indeed and a good choice to be on your list for sure am still sticking with my pick of Dragon's Lair lol.
    Ya, and both Dragons Lair and TT were two of my four choices

Ya, and both Dragons Lair and TT were two of my four choices
    What were the other two if you don't mine me asking? My other three would be Time Traveler,Luck N Wild and Battlezone.

I think Atari's Firetruck (I think that was the one with the two player co-op driver in the front and back)should of been included too.
    Last edited by jboypacman; 16-09-09 at 02:38.

Blog Entries

What were the other two if you don't mine me asking? My other three would be Time Traveler,Luck N Wild and Battlezone.

I think Atari's Firetruck (I think that was the one with the two player co-op driver in the front and back)should of been included too.
    My other two were Zaxxon and Virtua Fighter

My other two were Zaxxon and Virtua Fighter
    Zaxxon and Virtua Fighters good choices.

Blog Entries

Yeah none of us picked Firetruck though we did have it in our top ten arcade cabs in a previous show.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Yes, much love for Firetruck here!
    Retrogaming Roundup Co-host and host of the Hardware Flashback.

Follow us on Facebook!

Email me with your hardware problems to be answered on the air; techquestions@retrogamingroundup.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast