Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GP2X Wiz

Default GP2X Wiz

Does anyone have one of these? I'm so on the fence about buying one and wondered what you guys think. Thanks in advance!
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

See us on Video Masters TV @ www.videomasterstv.com

Blog Entries

I have one of the earlier GP2X's and it's amazing! Nothing better to get for running portable emulators. The Mame Emu is amazing. As are the Emu's for Genesis, Sega Master System, Colecovision and C64. Get it !!

Quote Originally Posted by chasethechuckwagon View Post
    I have one of the earlier GP2X's and it's amazing! Nothing better to get for running portable emulators. The Mame Emu is amazing. As are the Emu's for Genesis, Sega Master System, Colecovision and C64. Get it !!
    Yeah I remember the older GP2x's, and it seemed like everyone in the community had one but noone talks about the Wiz and I just wonder why. The button placement does worry me (how the buttons are in a dpad shape) and this talk of "diagonal tearing". A chinese handheld called the Dingoo A320 is getting some good attention, it's about $100 cheaper, but I don't think it does C64 or MAME. It is pre-loaded with some common emus for the nes and such.
    Become a fan of The Retro Machine on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...e/121452225655

I had a GP32Blu+ and now a GP2XMk1. The GP2X really does have a terrible control stick. I've tinkered but it just puts me off playing, so now it does bathroom duty.

The Wiz interests me. Controller looks nice, that 4 way button on the right is supposed to be pretty good (the company took community feedback on board before release and made the buttons independent at least).

I think the tearing issue has been fixed through software. The GP32Blu+ had a similar problem that was fixed by the community too.

I'm thinking of getting one, but to be honest my PSP gets most of my handheld emulation love.

If you get one, please give feedback.

Blog Entries

It turns out I just found a Wiz for sale here on Los Angeles Craigslist. I am going to be picking it up this weekend and selling my older GP2X. I will let everyone know what I think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by chasethechuckwagon View Post
    It turns out I just found a Wiz for sale here on Los Angeles Craigslist. I am going to be picking it up this weekend and selling my older GP2X. I will let everyone know what I think of it.
    I definitely look forward to that. This saturday when I was at Gamecorecon, I saw a GP2x Wiz for sale, used for $134. It was kinda smudgy so that was one factor in me not bargaining for it. But still though, it was cool to finally see one up close.

There are a couple guys at work that have the GP2X. It seems pretty sweet to me. If I could find one for less than 100 bucks I'd pick it up for sure.

It's funny, just participating in this thread motivated me to go grab my GP2X out of the bathroom magazine box where it's been collecting dust for a year.

Recharged the batteries, cleaned it, and what do you know, that controller isn't as bad as I remember. But I had recently done the mod where you shave a little off the base. Still far from perfect, you have to be quite deliberate in movement.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how the Wiz is.

Ok I couldn't do it anymore. Couldn't wait. Bought a "barely used" gp2x wiz on ebay today for $140 from a reputable seller. Should be here this week.

SoCal, did you pick up that Wiz? Will you hold back your review until the next show or do we get the skinny?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast