Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10s I'd like to hear

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drich255 View Post
    There should be at least 10, right?
    There are 10 called Space Invaders.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

drich255 Guest

Top 10 suggestion - Top 10 arcade games to play in MAME.

We all know some arcade games need to have original hardware for the authentic experience, but there are a lot of enjoyable games that have fairly simple controls, were conversion kits, are rare, or are relatively unknown making them perfect candidates for MAME.

drich255 Guest

Time for my annual appeal (and it is timely since the subject came up in Live News). I would love to hear a "Top 10 Puzzle games (excluding Tetris)".

Blog Entries

Good call.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

All Your Base Guest

So, No1. Tetris

random_dave Guest

It blends all the key things that trigger responses from the human brain, spatial pattern recognition, organisation, time restriction relates stress, and all in a simple concept that occupies one screen so that you can plan and be upset by all your mistakes that stay there on screen, mocking you and taking your eye off the current job in hand of preventing further mistakes

Also Tim Zadaishi and Johnny Staples

random_dave Guest

Just thinking, I'm pretty sure Mikes picks are gonna be Tetris, Columns, picross and another (tetris battle gaiden perhaps)
    Scott's would be a lot more outside the box I reckon, after all there's a definite argument like he said for games like zelda, where the adventuring is broken up with a dungeon that usually has a themed puzzle running through it
    Hmmm, I guess Dizzy could be a puzzle platform adventure so perhaps that's Mikes picks sewn up

Isn't it nice to just say Mike without any confusion

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    It blends all the key things that trigger responses from the human brain, spatial pattern recognition, organisation, time restriction relates stress, and all in a simple concept that occupies one screen so that you can plan and be upset by all your mistakes that stay there on screen, mocking you and taking your eye off the current job in hand of preventing further mistakes
    I can't argue with any of that. I just never enjoyed playing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by random_dave View Post
    Just thinking, I'm pretty sure Mikes picks are gonna be Tetris, Columns, picross and another (tetris battle gaiden perhaps)
    Scott's would be a lot more outside the box I reckon, after all there's a definite argument like he said for games like zelda, where the adventuring is broken up with a dungeon that usually has a themed puzzle running through it
    Hmmm, I guess Dizzy could be a puzzle platform adventure so perhaps that's Mikes picks sewn up

Isn't it nice to just say Mike without any confusion
    Not a bad guess but I wouldn't pick 2 tetris games. Ooh but which one......

There would be an NES game in there I reckon and a C64 game too perhaps.

And yes it is.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast