Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10s I'd like to hear

drich255 Guest

Good selections Vipp. I hadn't heard of Spherical or Mean Arenas.

Another nomination to the "Top 10 Lesser Known Puzzle Games" list would be Kwirk (Game Boy) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFAe379Oi08.

It is one of those games where you have to reach a goal by pushing obstacles that are in your way. Some blocks can fill holes in the ground. Others can act as revolving doors. Since you can only push items and not pull them back, you can make mistakes that will force you to restart the level.

Not sure if this was the first puzzle game of this style or if this is a clone of another game, but it is the first one I remember seeing. And maybe it is well known, just not talked about much.
    Last edited by drich255; 24-03-13 at 04:39.

Top 10 console add-ons... Like the 32x, or NES Powerglove or the Atari wireless joysticks... Was this one done already?

Blog Entries

We havent done it yet and its one we have in the planning phase.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by itsreallykevin View Post
    Top 10 console add-ons... Like the 32x, or NES Powerglove or the Atari wireless joysticks... Was this one done already?
    I second that. The Odyssey 2 "Voice". The Intellivision Intellivioice, "System Changer", and Play Cable adapter. The Colecovision 2600 adapter, Roller Controller, driving module... ...or perhaps the top 10 retro console expansion modules / ad-ons that never quite saw the light of day, or had extremely limited release, like the Colecovision "Super Game Module", the 2600 "Graduate" computer adapter, the original Intellivision Keyboard Component, etc.

I can't remember if you guys already did something like this though.. Maybe I'm thinking of the top 10 CGE Museum pieces.

There's always the top 10 mini-games or bonus levels within a game... Remember the memory game in SMB 3 for extra items? Or the ninja star throw segment in Shinobi? Or the wood breaking bonus in the Street Fighter series? What were the best (and worse) bonus levels/minigames you remember?

Top 10 versions of Madden football. There must be at least 40 versions between all of the years and platforms.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
    See the latest arcade repair at the Holodeck 2 Arcade Repair Blog: www.holodeck2arcade.blogspot.com

drich255 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by saberman View Post
    Am I the only person who liked the N64 controller?

I€™d like to see a top 10 of game genres. There are loads of top ten lists of; fighting games, shoot €˜em ups, platform games, sports games, RTS, etc€ But which one is the best genre? I€™m hoping it is so subjective and arbitrary the debate will make for some great listening .
    For the top 10 platformers, I think it could be two or three different top 10 lists:

1.) Top 10 mario platformer games.
    2.) Top 10 Nintendo non-mario platformer games.
    3.) Top 10 non-Nintendo platformer games.

Or you could make the tough choices and just have a single list. With separate lists, you would have to decide if Wario and Luigi games qualified as Mario games.
    Last edited by drich255; 17-07-13 at 04:45.

Brumisator Guest

I was thinking:

- top 10 racereacks in racing games (from laguna seca to mario's mushroom cup)

- top 10 retro-style modern games

All Your Base Guest

How about top 10 most annoying game characters. Navi is really doing my head in in Ocarina of Time.

"Hey!" "Hey!" "Hey!"

STFU Navi - I'm not blind!

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast