Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10s I'd like to hear

Vipp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jammajup View Post
    Top 10 Overrated game franchise
    I think thiswould be a great top 10, i can imagine the hosts debating this for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I think thiswould be a great top 10, i can imagine the hosts debating this for quite some time.
    Totally agree. That would be a great top ten.

Jammajup Guest

More Top 10 Ideas....

Top 10 Games that take place on/under water (eg. Carrier Command,Atlantis,X-com Terror From The Deep,James Pond,In The Hunt,etc,etc)
    Top Game Intro Sequences
    Top 10 Game Weapons
    Top 10 8-Bit Loading Screens
    Top 10 Split Screen Vs Games (eg. Lotus Challenge,Speed King,etc)
    Top 10 Games with flying animals,birds or winged mythical creatures as players characters. (Agony,Dragon Spirit,etc)
    Top 10 Games set in woodland,Forests or Jungle (eg. Robin Hood,Forbidden Forest,Ikari Warriors,etc)
    Top 10 8/16 bit controllers
    Top 10 Sega Megadrive/Gen Sega Logo start up scenes (eg. Earthworm Jim.Cool Spot,etc)
    Top 10 Unusual MD/Gen games
    Top 10 C64 Shmups
    Top 10 retro Video gaming myths that you have ever heard -growing up back in the day or recently. (eg. leaving the rubber keyed ZX near a fire would melt the keys,the C64 only uses 32/64K on its games and the ZX used 42/48K,non existent secret rooms in video games,etc)
    Top 10 Over valued games and systems in auctions.
    Top 10 80`s Tabletop or LCD games. (eg. Astro Wars,Galaxy Invader 1000,etc)
    Top 10 games that have insects as players or baddies (Bio Hazard Battle,Centipede,etc)
    Top 10 NES arcade Ports
    Top 10 Wrestling Games
    Top 10 Motorcycle games
    Top 10 Panasonic 3DO games
    Top 10 Video games based on Board Games (eg. Monopoly,Chess games,etc)
    Top 10 Top Film / Character / genre crossovers (eg. Robocop Vs Terminator,Alien Vs Predator,SNK Vs Capcom,etc)
    Top 10 Games Set in Japan (eg. Shenmue,Shinobi,etc)
    Top 10 Arcade,Computer and Console mods
    Top 10 Hidden or Sub Games within in a main game,
    Top 10 Games which involve climbing or advancing to a higher point (eg. Crazy Climber,Nebulus,etc)
    Top 10 Personnel Video Game disappointments (games released after hype that were mostly seen by the video gaming public as trash)
    Top 10 Saturn 2D games
    Top 10 Games designed or programmed by Women (eg Centipede,Road Blasters,The Hobbit)
    Top 10 Konami Arcade Games
    Top 10 Retro and Video gaming amazing / interesting FACTS (eg Pacman design from Pizza,Berzerk is the first arcade game recorded to have someone die while playing,etc)

Blog Entries

WOW! A Few to go at there, some of which we have already in the works, but thanks a lot.

Keep your ears peeled.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
    I think this would be a great top 10, i can imagine the hosts debating this for quite some time.
    Nah, everyone agrees Halo is #1! :: poke ::
    If you can't do it with 8 bits, you don't need to do it.

Check out my original rock/blues/folk/country at www.zeyerband.com or myspace.com/zeyerband.

I'll second that top ten 3DO suggestion. Very underrated console with many unique titles, IMO.

ebrake Guest

How about a top ten on sit down/special game cabinets? Where the cabinet helped to enhance the experience of the game.
    My all time fave would be the sit down cab version of Afterburner. You never saw a man with a dumber grin on his face when Im playing that game.
    Another good choice would be Operation Wolf. I remember thinking how cool it was that the gun recoiled when fired.

Jammajup Guest

Interesting one there are lots of guys out there who own hydraulic cabs and such so there is a lot of interest,although i personally have felt little benefit from looking a prat on a hydraulic moving machine and when Space Harrier,Afterburner,Hang-on and Outrun appeared that pretty much was the beginning of the end for arcades in my opinion because of the price to purchase and maintain them. Star Rider (Midway-disc) was the best game that i sat on as it was non-moving and the best u/r would be Battlezone with the viewer.
    Last edited by Jammajup; 07-01-13 at 12:42. Reason: hydraulic

Quote Originally Posted by Nurmix View Post
    Personally, I want to hear a top 10 "Top 10's"...
    I was thinking along similar lines with top 10 genres which I suggested years ago. In the latest top 10 UK Mike says one of the games isn't from a genres he likes. It'd be interesting to hear what genres the guys come up with and do like. I'm guessing racing simulators would be top of UK Mike's list.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast