Thread: Defender (1980): The Joys of Difficult Games

Default Defender (1980): The Joys of Difficult Games

The seventh of nine free online bonus chapters that are in addition to the 25 chapters found in our book, Vintage Games: An Insider Look at the History of Grand Theft Auto, Super Mario, and the Most Influential Games of All Time, available at booksellers worldwide, including Amazon.com, is now available. Head on over to Gamasutra to read Defender (1980): The Joys of Difficult Games. The remaining two online bonus chapters, released one each over the next two months, will be Robotron: 2084 and Star Raiders, which will form the complete set of 34 chapters between the book and online. Don't forget there are well over 100 bonus images not found in the book or in the online bonus chapters, available here. Want to know what others' think of the book? Check it out here and don't forget to get yourself a copy!

PS: For those looking, the bonus images not used in the Defender article can be found here.

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting Bill, which reminds me, you haven't been mentioned in Retro Gaming RoundUp recently.

What's up with that ? LOL.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Well, there's only so much room in a five hour show. ;-)

I have to be better about promoting new episodes of your show myself. I get lazy these days because I have it automatically delivered to my iPhone through iTunes, so I don't think about it until I see it in my queue to listen. Speaking of that, have you guys considered an old school style mailing list for announcements. That would certainly help people like me do "new show" announcements if the work of reminding me was done for me. ;-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_loguidice View Post
    Speaking of that, have you guys considered an old school style mailing list for announcements. That would certainly help people like me do "new show" announcements if the work of reminding me was done for me. ;-)
    Do people still sign up to those?

Do you have one Bill, and if so how does your host feel about mass mail going out?
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    Do people still sign up to those?

Do you have one Bill, and if so how does your host feel about mass mail going out?
    No, but it was an option on our old software. We used to send them out to all members on rare occasion to announce a new issue or other big announcement. Do people still sign up for them? I don't know. My main point was basically some "push" way (whatever that might be) to let people like me know when a new episode was out.