Thread: Gudday and Howdy.

Default Gudday and Howdy.

Have arrived from RetrogamingRadio.

Am a 39 yr old Kiwi and have lived in San Francisco Bay Area for going on 8 years.

Gaming history:

First love was a Sinclair ZX81. With 1k of ram. Yes. Made me learn Z80 assembler. Got the 16k expansion pack later, with built-in wobble mode that lost port contact and all of your carefully typed program.

Second (and fondest) love: In NZ we had the Sega SC3000 (computer version of SG1000 console). It was flippin' brilliant, the most sublime Basic I've seen (before STOS anyway) and fantastic carts.

Third: C64. Yadda yadda... loved it but so did everybody else.

Fourth: Atari STe. What a bloody great machine. Totally underrated.

Fifth: Lynx. Cost a fortune in batteries, but a sweet unit. Still reckon it was the finest portable machine of the era.

Sixth: Ps1. Got me back into gaming after a long hiatus chasing tail instead (then realised I could do both). WipeOut sold it to me, NFS 1 and 3 and GT kept it alive. Still think it's the best platform, like ever.

Seventh: PS2. Still love it, esp' for GTA3 and sundry driving games. Am collecting all the must have titles which I plan to keep for my retirement.

Seventh: PSP. Hacked fat, 16gb card, it's pretty much all I play nowadays, esp' lots of old PS1 titles, emulation and a fair few native titles.

I have no intention to get a PS3 or a 360 or a wii. Just not interested enough, especially when the PSP has sleep mode for perfect pick-up-and-play sessions.

Great show, forums look promising, keep it up guys!

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy our shows

That's a rich and diverse history! I don't have a working PS2, do you have Battlestar Galactica for it?

Agreed about the STe, and all the ST computers. Great machines!
    My chuckwagon auctions! We have ZERO OHM RESISTORS!

Covering the world with Genesis Goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanallan View Post
    That's a rich and diverse history! I don't have a working PS2, do you have Battlestar Galactica for it?
    No, I don't. May be another to pick up in the bargain bins. It's great that so many top games are so cheap!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alyinsanfran View Post
    Great show, forums look promising, keep it up guys!

Good to have you here.

Spread the love.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook