Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 3DS Hands On & My Opinion

Blog Entries

Default E3 3DS Hands On & My Opinion

ES 3DS Hands On & My Opinion

Ok. Just got back from day two at E3. Finally got into the line to see the 3DS. It was very organized. There were about 300 people in line when we got in. They had a stage with about 4 very long rows of tables with a 3DS system spaced out about ever 24" With a hot girl sitting behind each 3DS that would explain things - basically they just sat there and looked cute

The cool thing is they would release people in groups of about 10 every 20 minutes onto the stage where you had 20 minutes to move between all the different games and demos they had running. So here it goes.

I have to say that this thing is freaking amazing! No gimmick. Just plain ass cool! After playing the jet pack stage of Pilot Wings Resort in 3-D I was sold and will def be one that is going to be standing in line to get one of these day 1. I also played Ridge Racer 3D, Star Fox 3-D (Blew My Mind!). They had demos of Dead or Alive 3D, Animal Crossing 3D and Kid Icarus 3D. They also had a sweet thing where it would take a photo of your face, turn it into 3-D and you would move the system up or down , left or right - kind of like an iphone and it would steer around kind of like tilting of the iphone in games - so does also have tilt controls builtin.

Next there is a slide switch on the right side of the top screen where you can change between 3D and 2D - it's freaking wild. In addition to the Dpad there is now an analog type thumb stick which works very nicely.

Overall, I can assure you all that this will be a huge seller for the Big N. And I can't wait for some 3-D Tetris. Oh, you know it's coming!

Also, have to add that I played the new Pac Man Arcade Game - Pac Man Vs. and wow. You only thought 4-player Warlords was the best 4 player arcade game. Not when you see one of these. I will be posting some video of this thing soon!

2. Default

DoA... in 3D... with, dare I say it? Oh yes I dare, 3D bounce effects! Gamers rejoice!
    ~/\/\/\/\/\/\~
    View my current Game Gavel listings:
    https://www.gamegavel.com/sites/omega_supreme/

Is it backwards compatible with the DS/DSi? If so I might go ahead and pick one up, I dunno. I hope it don't turn into another gimmick like the Wii did. The Wii had so much potential, but became the shovelware console of this gen. Oh well, a small price to pay to keep Nintendo alive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    Is it backwards compatible with the DS/DSi? If so I might go ahead and pick one up, I dunno. I hope it don't turn into another gimmick like the Wii did. The Wii had so much potential, but became the shovelware console of this gen. Oh well, a small price to pay to keep Nintendo alive.
    Yep, it will be backwards compatible. I can pretty much guarantee you WILL be wanting one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Leathco View Post
    I think its an unfortunate side-effect in the industry that *anything* that comes with a "family entertainment" slant ends up full of shovel ware. You gotta take is for granted and wade through the rubbish to find the good stuff. The DS / DSI is a perfect example of a machine absolutely resplendent in utter garbage. 3DS will likely end up the same way, but hopefully as they amped up the power a great deal from what I can tell, we'll at least see a lot of ported versions of quality N64/GameCube titles along with some better original stuff.

I never understood why people complianed about shovelware and mini games. It's a totally nonsense arguement that insinuates that somehow you're forced to play shovelware.

Oh well, while everyone else complains about shovelware I'll be busy looking forward to:
    Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
    Metroid: Other M
    Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Donkey Kong: Country Returns
    Epic Mickey
    Golden Sun
    Ghost Trick
    Dragon Quest IX

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I never understood why people complianed about shovelware and mini games. It's a totally nonsense arguement that insinuates that somehow you're forced to play shovelware.

Oh well, while everyone else complains about shovelware I'll be busy looking forward to:
    Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
    Metroid: Other M
    Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Donkey Kong: Country Returns
    Epic Mickey
    Golden Sun
    Ghost Trick
    Dragon Quest IX

I do agree with you. There are still more good and great games than I will ever have a chance to play. So toss out the shovelware and concentrate on stuff you will actually like to play. You will never have enough time to play all the good games so why even think about the shovelware stuff. Nice Take!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    Nobody is forced to play shovelware but the odds of finding a good game become more and more remote as piece of shit after piece of shit is released.

I just gave up on the DS. Time after time I picked up games thinking they would be good and they turned out to be total crap, even to the level of containing spelling mistakes, and I don't mean UK vs US spellings, I mean Police spelt as Polcie.

I hope the 3DS is better polcied and the crapware is kept off it, they have the chance to do something quite special, let's hope they don't F it up.
    Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away, and have his shoes.
    Jamesonline.net
    RetroGaming RoundUp
    Follow us on Facebook

Blog Entries

Shit, I would by the 3DS just for the titles I played yesterday. It will be well worth it!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by miner2049er View Post
    I just gave up on the DS. Time after time I picked up games thinking they would be good and they turned out to be total crap, even to the level of containing spelling mistakes, and I don't mean UK vs US spellings, I mean Police spelt as Polcie.

I hope the 3DS is better polcied and the crapware is kept off it, they have the chance to do something quite special, let's hope they don't F it up.
    I don't ever want to see policing of game titles. Look at how negatively Sony's policing has impacted thier own current systems. PSP Has had so few releases it's been downright embarrassing to admit to even owning the thing. Granted, I did get PSP for one title only, which has wound up being the only title I've played on the system for more than ten hours. But, when some company becomes stingy about allowing games to be published because their in-house evaluation team doesn't think its good enough to be on their system that's going way to far.

Now quality control is something I truly wish would be brought back. Sega had excellent QC back when they actually still made consoles. But as you've already brought out, their are several games on the DS that mutilate the English language so frequently that it actually detracts from the overall enjoyment of the game. Case in point, Lux-Pain. Game is absolutely fantastic, but caged monkey's at the local zoo probably could have done a better job translating the text. And the typos and grammar errors in it actually get worse the further you progress into the game!

Policing also filters out potentially great little gems and promotes rehashing of existing franchises. Something I'm not to big on.
    ~/\/\/\/\/\/\~
    View my current Game Gavel listings:
    https://www.gamegavel.com/sites/omega_supreme/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast