View RSS Feed

GivenTheOkieDoke

Some Top 10's

Rate this Entry
My top 10 list's for these retro systems comes purely out of nostalgia. Also most of the games are not the system sellers like Super Mario 3 and Sonic 2 because I was young and my Mother just bought some games she though I might like. More or less though back then I didnt care what I was playing, they were fun regardless. This list really isnt set in stone but its a general idea of the top games of each system in my opinion.

Nintendo (NES):

10. Metal Gear
9. Super Mario Bros. 2 (US Version)
8. Bases Loaded 4
7. Tecmo Super Bowl
6. Mega Man 3
5. Ice Hockey
4. Commando
3. Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos
2. Batman
1. Heavy Barrel

Some of my notable mentions. Tiny Toon Adventures, Dragon Warrior, and Bionic Commando.

Sega Genesis:

10. Strider
9. Sonic and Knuckles
8. Comix Zone
7. Streets of Rage 3
6. Earthworm Jim
5. Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
4. Road Rash II
3. PGA Tour Golf III
2. Castlevania: Bloodlines
1. Super Monaco GP

Some of my notable mentions. Golden Axe, Dynamite Headdy, and Thunderforce 3.

Super Nintendo:

10. Super R-Type
9. Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
8. Mega Man X
7. Street Fighter II: Turbo
6. Earthworm Jim (Liked the Genesis version better)
5. F-Zero
4. Super Mario All-Stars
3. Donkey Kong Country
2. Biker Mice From Mars
1. Goof Troop

Some of my notable mentions. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, and NHL 94'.

Submit "Some Top 10's" to Digg Submit "Some Top 10's" to del.icio.us Submit "Some Top 10's" to StumbleUpon Submit "Some Top 10's" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I've never played Bases Loaded 4, but Bases Loaded 2 ... when I was in about 3rd grade me and a friend would sit and play that sucker for HOURS along with Double Dribble. Ice Hockey is pretty friggin' awesome, only eclipsed by Blades of Steel. And ... though I haven't played PGA Tour III I own II and it's one of the better golf games I've played on ANY system.

I haven't really played that much on the SNES though ... I mean, yeah, I've played most if not all the titles one would expect. I've just always been a Genesis guy. The only SNES games I even own right now are Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mortal Kombat 2 and the Game Boy player.
    Wait a minute. I just noticed this.

Goof Troop? What the hell? lol

Am I missing something? :P

Retro Gaming RoundUp