View RSS Feed

Vipp

DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 6: Glass and Broomfield: A lesson in culture.

Rate this Entry
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	philip glass doc.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	1122

Glass – A Portrait of Philip in Twelve Parts

I can recall the very moment in time Philip and I were introduced, the very moment I witnessed the marriage of celluloid and soundtrack and at once I was hooked. Clive Barker’s seminal horror film ‘Candyman’ began with a Birdseye view of a tall and dark city landscape, and alongside it was a booming and terrifying theme mastered by Glass and it remains as potent for me as it was back way before I was old enough to be watching the 18 rated movie. Many years have now passed and one thing remains the same for me, I have never been more than a few rooms away from an original Glass soundtrack. This documentary was as important and it was surprising, I never dreamed anyone would make a film of Philip Glass and to top that I couldn’t have dreamed they could have done such a great job. If you want to be inspired, take a night off from your daily run around, pour a generous glass of your finest single malt and enjoy this film with the volume up.

Watch this film and share it.

Want to watch it?

This film is currently on LoveFilm (UK as of 01/07/13)

Want to read about it?
http://www.glassthemovie.com/Home.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nbroomfield jl2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	1123

Nick Broomfield’s - Juvenile Liaison 2

I enjoy Broomfield’s work ever since buying a ton of his DVDs on sale starting with the entertaining ‘Tracking down Maggie’ (a film dealing with former prime minister Margaret Thatcher and her family life during her fall from grace) In this sale I also purchased a box set with the two films Juvenile Liaison pt 1 and 2. I would suggest that the second of the two films has enough flash backs to the original film for the viewer to be educated. If you have an interest in corruption in the police force and the lower classes of England and how they existed in the mid 70’s this will entertain you. The film goes back to meet the now older people involved in the first film that were processed by a juvenile police task force. The methods of old policing were both shocking and illegal, maybe the most shocking aspect of this film is that although we can see the project failing, the UK still have a juvenile police task force.

Watch this film and share it.

Want to watch it?
This film is currently on LoveFilm (UK as of 01/07/13)

Want to read about it?

http://nickbroomfield.com/Juvenile-Liaison-I-II

Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 6: Glass and Broomfield: A lesson in culture." to Digg Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 6: Glass and Broomfield: A lesson in culture." to del.icio.us Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 6: Glass and Broomfield: A lesson in culture." to StumbleUpon Submit "DocUmentary: Visual Brain Food. Episode 6: Glass and Broomfield: A lesson in culture." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Television, Movies & Music

Comments

The Glass documentary is on youtube. Here's the first part:
    Thanks mate, i mostly check documentaryheaven.com but not youtube - this is a great way to see this documentary with no hassle from LoveFilm.
    Yeah I watched it last night whilst drinking. It was good fun.
    Here is Juvenile Liaison on youtube:

Retro Gaming RoundUp