View RSS Feed

GameGavel

E3 2010, my thoughts

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Flare View Post
Alright, so I watched the big three conferences. My thoughts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My favorite conference was Nintendo's. They didn't show as many games as Sony, but had a lot of titles I actually want to play. The one that interested me the most was Kirby Epic Yarn. Damn, that game looks fun to play. I also had goosebumps when I saw Donkey Kong Country Returns. I am a huge fan of this game as I played and completed 100% the previous SNES titles. I don't agree with what others say about DK Country. I loved the games, loved the rendered graphics.

Goldeneye 007 was the sore point for me, Oh my God, they actually think we are interested in playing a FPS with N64 graphics again? It was abhorrent.

Nothing on the DS interests me anymore, they only showed a couple of games, none of which did anything for me.

Initially, i wasn't excited about the 3DS, when I saw pictures of it online I thought "Damn, another DS iteration"; but once I saw the conference I am more confident. We still don't know how advanced the hardware is inside and what will be the selling price, both aspects which will be the selling point for me.

The Wii was the same old Wii... Standard Def graphics, but super fun games. I like how they focused on hardcore games and not casual crap for grandmas. No Wii Vitality Sensor and nothing Wii Balance Board related was WIN.

And man, I'll say it again. Reggie is the best presenter in the history of E3. He's so good at it. It's captivating.

Second for me was Sony's. Tons of games presented, a lot of which I'm interested in playing. I'm just sad that they only had small 5 seconds clips for each of them.

Kevin Butler killed me, it was like watching stand-up. Hella fun. Only a few seconds of Hirai which was good, and Jack Tretton is the same ass-boring dude, but at least he is humble, which is cool.

PS Move was great. It clearly kills the Wii in any title that would be released in both platform. PS Move makes the better Tiger Woods, the better Boxing game; any game where you use motion to do stuff, PS Move is better, thanks to the one-to-one accuracy. Still, I wouldn't play SOCOM standing like a dork pretending to aim at people. Not for me. Give me a Dualshock and a couch, I'm good.

On the PSP, lots of games, but not too many I wanna play. I'm sad there were no PSP2 announcements.

Finally, Microsoft. What a lame conference that was. I realize I don't think I care for Kinetic at all! it's the same casual bullshˇt that I've been trying to avoid on the Nintendo side.

Don Mattrick was painful to watch. I was feeling bad for the guy; nothing he said generated sincere applause. he had to resort to "buying" the crowd with a free Xbox. How pathetic.

I didn't see any exclusive games on the 360 that interested me. None.

So, the games I'm most interested in:

PS3
Gran Turismo 5
Batman: Arkham Asylum II
The Last Guardian
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Mortal Kombat
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Bulletstorm
Child of Eden
echochrome II
Hard Corps: Uprising
Gundemonium Collection
Heroes on the Move (working title)
inFamous 2
Killzone 3
Splatterhouse
Sorcery
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
The Sly Collection

PSP
The 3rd Birthday

Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey
EA Sports NBA Jam
Mario Sports Mix
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

3DS
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Resident Evil Revelations

PC
Mafia II
Medal of Honor
Dead Space 2

Xbox 360
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Final thought... The Nintendo 3DS (which is why I created this thread in this area )

You know, the more I read about the 3DS, the more I want to forget about the scammy Nintendo practices of re-releasing handhelds with minor upgrades... I feel like back in 2004, when the Nintendo DS was about to come out.

I am truly excited about the 3DS, I've gathered so many positive experiences from people that played with it at E3, the large number of great games that are going to come out for it...

I don't know that I'm going to be lining up on Day 1 to buy it, but I know I'm going to have to own one at some point.

Submit "E3 2010, my thoughts" to Digg Submit "E3 2010, my thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "E3 2010, my thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "E3 2010, my thoughts" to Google

Categories
Industry

Comments

Retro Gaming RoundUp