View RSS Feed

SteveSawyer

NBA Jam is on FIRE! (Steve holds out hope for a Mutant League Remake)

Rate this Entry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
That seems to be the mantra behind the upcoming NBA Jam reboot. With an incredible selection of teams, crazy good old school action, and insanely slick controls for the Wii, this game is going to be a slam dunk. I managed to get my grimy little paws on this bad boy, and I am happy to say, that this is a reboot that has fared a much better treatment than some of it's colleagues. It brought a certain indescribable joy to my heart to see giant headed NBA stars slamming flaming basketballs from half court again. And with all the razzle, and dazzle of today's 3D effects, the super moves are that much more impressive.
Fans of the original will love this game, but I am envious of newcomers. They will get to experience NBA jam for the first time in the way that it was always meant to be played. So good job EA.

Now go remake Mutant League Football. Or I'll steal your pets.
And apologies to my readers for the obtuse image placement.

Steve Sawyer
Editor in Chief
SteveS@GameGavel.com

Submit "NBA Jam is on FIRE! (Steve holds out hope for a Mutant League Remake)" to Digg Submit "NBA Jam is on FIRE! (Steve holds out hope for a Mutant League Remake)" to del.icio.us Submit "NBA Jam is on FIRE! (Steve holds out hope for a Mutant League Remake)" to StumbleUpon Submit "NBA Jam is on FIRE! (Steve holds out hope for a Mutant League Remake)" to Google

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:56 by SteveSawyer

Categories
Classic / Retro , Nintendo , Industry

Comments

Steve is right. This game blew me away today as well. A no-brainer gottaget.
    Sorry, this is superficial, but I just can't get over the big-headed characters. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It's like an SNL skit that funny at the time, but 20 years later it just doesn't work Good to hear they didn't completely screw up the gameplay, though.
    Updated 17-06-10 at 04:55 by BydoEmpire73
    This game did look and play great though, big heads and all Another no-brainer pickup for me. It's going to be an expensive balance of the year!
    I'm going to agree with Steve in two ways. 1) NBA Jam is definitely going to be awesome. 2)Mutant League Football needs to be remade desperately.
    @ryanscribbles

1. Yes.
    2. Damn straight.

Retro Gaming RoundUp