View RSS Feed

Mclean Oshiokpekhai

Here, have a Playstation Phone

Rate this Entry

That's right, it exists.

The Playstation Phone is coming to a cellular provider (hopefully) near you sometime soon, and is quite the machine actually. Rumored to be launching with the Android 3.0 OS, Sony's new Phone/Portable Gaming System will launch with a 1GHz processor, 512 MB of Ram, 1GB of ROM, a touch screen, all the familiar face and shoulder buttons, and a multitouch pad where the face buttons are, which means dual sticks without the sticks.

You can cry tears of joy now.

The PSPhone will also launch with it's own special Playstation Store, so you'll be able to download special games made for the PSPhone. It seems like a split on the market, but hey, if I can play Angry Birds on it, it wins in my book. We're looking at a late late late 2010/early 2011 launch for this thing. Hey, around that time, my contract will be up with my Moment. New phone get?

- Via Engadget

Mclean Oshiokpekhai
GameGavel.com News Editor
Follow Daxelman on Twitter

Submit "Here, have a Playstation Phone" to Digg Submit "Here, have a Playstation Phone" to del.icio.us Submit "Here, have a Playstation Phone" to StumbleUpon Submit "Here, have a Playstation Phone" to Google

Categories
Mobile

Comments

Man I go through phones like glasses of water because of shit like this... I've still yet to play around with the Windows 7 Phone, and the Xbox Live junk that's gonna be on it, and now THIS? They better not have this out before Christmas, or I'm going to go berserk and broke. Especially when you think about the millions of kids who can't do anything BUT be on their PSP and cell phones. Now that they can do both... oh the horror. The sweet magnificent horror.

Retro Gaming RoundUp