View RSS Feed

SteveSawyer

Introducing... Forum Fridays!

Rate this Entry

Hey folks!

GameGavel.com is growing. And fast. Of course, none of this would be possible without your support. So I figured it was time to thank you guys for all that wonderful support, and also to hopefully dispel some of the rumors that I'm an unbearable tyrant that hates everything, and everyone.

I also want my writing staff to start interacting with the readers more, so I came up with a brilliant idea...

FORUM FRIDAYS!

Every Friday, I am going to select an article written earlier in the week. When I do that, I want people to start dropping comments on that article. I will use random.org to pick a number between 1-25. If your comment happens to be that number... you win a mystery prize from GameGavel.com! Here's the details.

One winner will be picked by random.org each week, by generating a random integer between 1, and 25.
In the case that 25 comments are not posted by Sunday, the contest will simply be a wash, and will resume the following week.
Your comment must be longer than a single sentence, or it will be deleted, and won't count.
No multiple posts just for the sake of racking up a post count. (Unless you're having a legitimate conversation. I don't suspect that this will become an issue, but if it does, I'll do what I can to make sure everything stays fair.)
If you are picked, I'll send you a Private Message, and we'll get your shipping info for your awesome Mystery Prize!
The Mystery Prize will also be random. We get a lot of crazy stuff at GameGavel.com, so you never know what you might win!
If for some reason, the random integer that is picked corresponds to a comment posted by a staff member, then we will redraw until it picks a reader.

So there ya have it folks! Here's a cool chance for you to start interacting with each other, and us, and also to win some crazy loot!

And so that you can't say I never did anything for you. Just because this is the first week we're doing this, I'm gonna give you guys a head start... once we hit 25 comments on my Fallout New Vegas article, I'll pick someone to win a mystery prize! Good luck and have fun!

Steve Sawyer
Editor in Chief
SteveS@GameGavel.com

Submit "Introducing... Forum Fridays!" to Digg Submit "Introducing... Forum Fridays!" to del.icio.us Submit "Introducing... Forum Fridays!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Introducing... Forum Fridays!" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Sweet Idea. I will start accumulating some gaming prizes!
    Cool idea. Good luck with this!
    Let the Giving Away of Prizes commence....on Friday.

Let the conversation commence now!
    I think it's a pretty good idea to help promote community activity, so I'm all for the idea.

You know what that means, right dear readers? You should do nothing all day besides comment on our articles. Yup.
    Oh and as a new requirement for Forum Friday, every prize we send will include an Igloo ice cooler, with the return postage paid. It is your job as the dedicated reader, to stock it with beer, and send it back.

Preferably NewCaslte.

Retro Gaming RoundUp