View RSS Feed

Anthony Wastella

Irrational Games' Big Reveal is Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock...in the sky?

Rate this Entry

So In a big reveal this morning, Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games (the minds behind the 1st Bioshock) pulled the wrappings off of their next title, Bioshock Infinite. Well what are you waiting for go check out the trailer!

http://www.bioshockinfinite.com/

It's nothing like the other bioshocks in the look department that's for sure. Forgoing Rapture, We're giving a floating turn of the 19th Century Cityscape, and hugely engrossing steampunkery about. Gone are the dank dark waterways of Rapture and we're giving another set of breathtaking visuals in the form of a cityscape in the sky. Airships are floating around and being airships. We also see something that's not exactly a Big Daddy, but is vaguely reminiscent of them, in the form of what looks like Organ powered steam punk robots.

There's also a Woman who appears to have powers involving Nature that you seem to be after. And I guess it helps confirm Plasmids (or something similar) and probably guns too will be back in play.

Here's the Synopsis from the Official Site:
BioShock Infinite is a first-person shooter currently in development at Irrational Games, the studio behind the original BioShock (which sold over 4 million units worldwide). Set in 1912, BioShock Infinite introduces an entirely new narrative and gameplay experience that lifts players out of the familiar confines of Rapture and rockets them to Columbia, an immense city in the sky.

Former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt has been sent to rescue Elizabeth, a young woman imprisoned in Columbia since childhood. Booker develops a relationship with Elizabeth, augmenting his abilities with hers so the pair may escape from a city that is literally falling from the sky. DeWitt must learn to fight foes in high-speed Sky-Line battles, engage in combat both indoors and amongst the clouds, and harness the power of dozens of new weapons and abilities.
Bioshock Infinite is set for release on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC sometime in 2012.

Anthony Wastella
GameGavel.com Writer

Did you enjoy this game review/blog? If so, please consider a small donation to the writer.

Thanks,
Mike

Submit "Irrational Games' Big Reveal is Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock...in the sky?" to Digg Submit "Irrational Games' Big Reveal is Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock...in the sky?" to del.icio.us Submit "Irrational Games' Big Reveal is Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock...in the sky?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Irrational Games' Big Reveal is Bioshock Infinite. Bioshock...in the sky?" to Google

Updated 13-08-10 at 06:31 by SteveSawyer

Categories
Sony , Microsoft , PC

Comments

Ahh 2012 cant come fast enough now. I am happy there making a new Bioshock non related to the first 2. Both 1 and 2 were great but I would hate to have a good series go bad with to much repetition, so its refreshing that there going a different direction. Take Two on these next gen consoles has became easily my most trusted game corporation with Rockstar and 2K.

Retro Gaming RoundUp