View RSS Feed

Industry

1. Writer of Pokemon Anime Dies at age 61.

Takeshi Shudo, chief writer of the original Pokemon anime series and the first three Pokemon feature films, has been confirmed dead after suffering a hemorrhage and being rushed to the hospital.

Takeshi Shudo is credited with being the chief writer of the Kanto, Johto, and Orange Island arcs of the popular Pokemon anime franchise, as well as chief writer of Pokemon: The First Movie, Pokemon: The Movie 2000, and Pokemon 3: ...
    Tags: deaths Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Industry
  2. Shinji Mikami to join ZeniMax Media

Shinji Mikami, best known as the creator of the Resident Evil franchise, will be joining the ZeniMax Media group of developers, along with his development studio Tango Gameworks.

ZeniMax, parent company of Bethesda Game Studioes, iD Software and Arkane Studios, announced today in the joining of both them and Tango Gameworks. Shinji will still have full control over his development team, as well as full control over what ...
    Categories
    Industry
  3. CEO of Second Life Moving On

Image Courtesy Of Experientia

Philip Rosedale, CEO of Linden Lab and creator of popular social MMO Second Life, is stepping down today.

Rosedale announced today that he's leaving Linden Lab to start up something new, called LoveMachine, a "crowd sourced recognition and reward system". Philip won't totally be out of the know when it comes to all things Second Life; he'll still be a board member, helping make decisions ...
    Tags: second life Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Industry
  4. Valve Pays Mann Co Contributers Big Money.

Man, I wish I could draw right now, I want to receive a check from Valve.

The Mann-Conomy Update for Team Fortress 2 opened up the Mann-Co Store, a place where users could buy weapons and hats. It also allowed users to submit and begin selling their own items through the store, and Valve has recently sent 5 lucky modelers their royalty checks. Over $200,000 dollars were sent out, with "royalties ranging from $39,000 to $47,000 ...
    Categories
    PC , Industry
  5. Heads Up: Amazon Gold Box Is Game Themed On Wednesday

Just a heads up for all of you who like good deals out there: The Amazon.com Gold Box is supposed to be games themed this Wednesday, October 20. Now, by games, that could mean anything; from the shovelware on the Wii, to the latest releases. Who knows?

I'm just letting you guys know now, so that you don't miss out. Make sure to keep an eye out on Amazon this week. It could be something amazing.

- Via GoNintendo ...
    Tags: amazon, deals Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Industry
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp