Blog Comments

Well, I guess I'll have to play Conduit 2.

Also - that's awesome; I'm a big fan of his stuff. Can't wait to hear the podcast.
    We will be interviewing Jon St. John on an upcoming RetroGamingRoundup.com Podcast so stay tuned. Should be a good one!
    I'm not finding this on an App Store search....I'm in New Zealand.

Anyone else had any luck?

Andy
    Eh, to each his own. heh
    I've only got San Andreas my Self, but I'm willing to get that GTA classics thing just because it'll natively launch through Steam, and I don't have to add it in or anything, because that almost never works for me.

That Frontier's Pack is a steal though.
    My budget's fcked for a couple of weeks until the last of the bills roll through, but the Grand Theft Auto series being on sale is kind of a "meh" for me since I've got all those on disc for either the PC or PS2 (or in some cases both). I'm kinda holdin' out until the Black Friday week, assuming they do it like they did last year. :P

That and you can get GTA 1 and 2 off of Rockstar's site for free anyway.

And yes, I misspelled that "naughty word" on purpose. :P
    Yeah, I didn't like Assassin's Creed 2 very much, but I've heard almost nothing but good things about the beta, and to be honest, I never hear good things about any beta's, ever.
    If only they would release free DLC for a game worth playing ... call me a dreamer.
    I got to play this at IndieCade! This game is absolutely worth its weight in gold! And now on PC!? HELL YES.
    Its sad that he never saw his creation live to its penultimate moment of achievement, when people sadly accept that their beloved franchise has reached an organic conclusion.
    Man I go through phones like glasses of water because of shit like this... I've still yet to play around with the Windows 7 Phone, and the Xbox Live junk that's gonna be on it, and now THIS? They better not have this out before Christmas, or I'm going to go berserk and broke. Especially when you think about the millions of kids who can't do anything BUT be on their PSP and cell phones. Now that they can do both... oh the horror. The sweet magnificent horror.
    I'm not too sure how I feel about this. Don't get me wrong, I adore Plants vs. Zombies, and if there's a market for it, more power to them. People who haven't played it should get it, because it's worth the time and money. It's a great game, and we've all been saying that since May of '09.

But at the same time, I have to wonder about releasing the same game this many times over such a long period of time. If they all dropped at the same time, it'd be understandable, but two years after the original release?

This is something that I'm just not sure about.
    You know, I never really got the allure of Bioshock. Especially when Ken Levine has said time and time again that he wanted desperately to do another System Shock game, but 2K didn't think that the gaming public at large would get it. So instead of Bioshock we got a "spiritual successor" to System Shock 2. Which is great and all, but ultimately we got a long winded self serving diatribe about why Ayn Rand was the greatest person that ever lived, all wrapped around an engine that only made it entertaining to use magic (plasmids), and made guns patently useless. While I'm sure that appealed to some people at the time, I thought the whole thing was a little over it's own head, and the combat and lack of exploration bored the hell out of me. When it got around to Bioshock 2, I simply didn't care.
    Glad to see Valve supporting the community through updates, and by paying members who create fantastic stuff.

Also - I haven't gotten a chance to use any of the new community stuff besides the new knife (Your Eternal Reward), but it's all really impressive for being community made.
    cool!
    Eh, I never got into Fable. Period. A free shit game. Wow. I'll pass.
    Argh! My stepson's friend has a 360, and what a time for my main machine to take a dive with a dead motherboard I don't have anything to download TO until at least tomorrow.
    I was like "whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ?" also, GG (GamersGate) has a sick ass sale on building genre games. Or so a little bird told me.
    I've only had good things with the League of Legends community to be honest. Once they added the ranked matches it became a lot more fun since all the douchebags moved to them, leaving people who wanted to have fun in the unranked ones.

if you ever feel like giving it a shot again (why not it's free) you know where to find me.

Also with no connection to DOTA Allstars, and the fact i have the free LoL. I need some major convincing to buy DOTA 2.
    When I get a Wii, I'm going to play all these games in release order. I really want to try BEAT, because that soundtrack is amazing.
    Updated 14-10-10 at 04:35 by Mclean Oshiokpekhai
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp