Blog Comments

This is really turning out to be a great series of games. Bit.Trip Runner is insanely addictive. I can only imagine what this installment has in store for us.
    I've only really played League of Legends, and while it is fun, the community is some of worst I've ever seen. I'm hoping that with DOTA 2, with all the things Valve is doing to encourage niceness, that we'll get a better community.

But if all else fails, dedicated servers.
    DOTA, and Demigod always struck me as eerily similar. Sadly I have played neither. Am I a total douche?
    To be honest, I thought GT5 was coming out early next year.

I still think that.
    Does this REALLY surprise anyone?
    Sounds like it's a solid game. I love physics puzzles (PORTAL OMG) and the feeling of being really smart after solving them is mutual. Have to check this out sometime.
    Real shame, but I saw that coming. I was talking to them about employment some time ago and it just didnt feel like things were going to well. Theres a *lot* of unemployed game developers and very few jobs. SIGH... the industry is in a bit of a mess.
    I'd love for a new Darkstalkers game to come out, but honestly, I'm holding out hope for the SSFIV:AE stuff being put on consoles before I even think about hoping for a new Darkstalkers game.
    After playing it at E3 I can safely say I will be in line day 1 to get it. The last time I stood in line all night for something? The Wii.
    Love plus is the game with the "Suicide Button". A button you can press if you get to depressed that you don't have an amazing Moe girlfriend in real life.
    I'm totally pumped for the 3DS. $300 price point or not.

Although, not being $300 would be icing on the cake made of amazing.
    I've been reading and looking at details on the 3DS, pretty damn cool!

I like the "spot mode" feature where you trade data on the fly even when your system is closed up, they showed off how it works on Nintendogs and Street Fighter IV 3D, Nintendogs allows you to play with other peoples dogs, whilst Street Fighter IV has this mode called "Spot Fighter" where you trade game stats, like how many wins and loses you have, and it plays like top trumps where if you have the better stats, you win points that allow you to unlock stuff in the main game. A REALLY cool feature on the 3DS is that it can multitask! Ok, it's only a maximum of 2 apps at a time, but for a games console it's impressive since it was meant to be seen on the PS3. What you can do is you can be playing a game, pause it, go to the menu, load up the web browser, check out a Game Faq, go back to the game, and it's right back to where you were, that's pretty damn good.
    Well, they are moving to a bigger convention center. One of the few big complaints of the last PAX East was that it was really cramped.
    Any comments on how good Pax East is? Possibly interested in attending but east coast in March is a hard sell if it is not great.
    I really liked Shift, mostly for it's presentation. Everything in that game felt, dare I say it, "cool".

The racing wasn't bad in my opinion, but I definitely agree that the arcade style titles are where NFS is more enjoyable. They shouldn't mess with adding in stories though. They can kinda sour the experience with how bad they are.
    I started playing the NFS series with NFS 2, and REALLY got into it with 3 ... but after that once they started messing with simulation racing after the excellence that is games like Hot Pursuit 2 (specifically the PS2 version), the Underground series, Undercover and Most Wanted ... playing games like Pro Street and Shift ... no. That's not NFS for me, the arcade style games are the fun ones, even if the "story" for them are on the pathetic side. heh
    They do have something new in the works, so whatever it is, I hope it does well for them.

Maybe GOG 2.0?
    That is terrible news!
    Yeah, I bought this! brilliant little game, I might review it for the member blog!

Saying that I still need to do my Metroid Other M review, I need to beat it quick :\
    The Idea of On-Live sounds amazing in theory, but I don't like how it's looking in real life. A lot of people tell me it works, physically, but it's the games thing that has me far away from this service.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp