View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. And Yet It Moves (WiiWare) PAX Preview

In early 2009, independent developer Broken Rules brought us the puzzle-platformer And Yet It Moves on PC. The core of the mechanics was that at any point, you could rotate the screen in 90 degree increments, with whatever side was at the bottom of the screen being considered down, and gravity acting accordingly. It was an interesting spin on platformers (I swear, it's the only pun I'll make), and the game was ...
    Tags: preview, wiiware Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury PAX Preview

D3Publishers are the guys who've helped bring us Dark Sector, OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad, and the cult favourite, Earth Defense Force 2017. Now, D3Publishers are bringing us Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury, a high-definition version of Bangai-O, which was a Treasure shooter for the Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast. The game, like all Treasure games, was fun, fast paced, and difficult. Keep reading to see how Bangai-O ...
    Tags: preview, xbla Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Nexuiz PAX Preview

Arena shooters used to be all the rage, but as of late, the genre has fallen aside. Long gone are the days of hooking up computers in a LAN for all-night sessions of Quake III fueled by Mountain Dew. However, Illfonic's newest title, Nexuiz, seeks to change this, by brining fast paced arena shooter action back to the forefront of gamers' minds.

I got to see (and play) Nexuiz this past ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Comic Jumper PAX Preview

This weekend at PAX Prime, I met with some of the guys from Twisted Pixel (creators of Splosion Man and The Maw) while they were showing off their latest XBLA title Comic Jumper.

The game's premise is simple enough you play as Captain Smiley, the hero of a recent canceled comic book, while he hops through other comics to try to raise enough money to relaunch his own comic. If you hadn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Shadow Complex Review

Nowadays, everywhere you look there are sequels of sequels of shooters, retreads of sports games, and music games galore; none of those are particularly bad things, but it's created a lot more of the "usual." Now, enter Shadow Complex, a $15 downloadable XBLA title from Chair Entertainment. Shadow Complex is a game in the same vein as Metroid, with a large map to explore, a handful of upgrades to help ...
    Tags: review, xbla Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized

Retro Gaming RoundUp