View RSS Feed

Trevor Wagner

1. Crackdown 2 Review

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the 2007 action game that did fairly well, helped along by the fact that the Halo 3 beta was accessible through the disk as a promotional tool. This time around, there aren’t any gimmicks to help sell the game, so it’s forced to stand on it’s own two legs. Sadly, it seems that Crackdown 2’s legs break under the weight of its own ideas.

Graphically, ...

Updated 13-08-10 at 08:59 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft
  2. GameGavel Discusses: Long-term Game Support and DLC

This week on GameGavel Discusses, Kevin Hummons and Anthony Wastella, both of them being writers for GameGavel, are our guests.

They join me to talk about long term support for gaming, DLC in general, and what the current situation is.

Trevor Wagner: Alright, welcome to GameGavel discusses. This week, I've got Anthony Wastella and Kevin Hummons with me.

Anthony ...

Updated 13-08-10 at 09:00 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Industry , Editorial
  3. Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - Two Person Preview (T. Wagner, K. Hummons)

Kevin Hummons: I should preface this impression by stating that I have zero experience with Kane & Lynch. I’ve always been something of a distant observer but the series just never hit very high on my priorities list. However when I received a demo code for the Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days demo I wasn’t about to give up a chance to experience the duos latest shenanigans.

If ...

Updated 13-08-10 at 09:00 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony
  4. GameGavel Discusses: Roger Ebert's "Apology"

This week, GameGavel Discusses talks about Roger Ebert's "apology" for his earlier comments about video games not being art.

This week, Anthony Wastella, fellow GameGavel writer joins me to discuss this apology, and the comments that preceded it.

Trevor Wagner -
    So, pretty much everybody's read Roger Ebert's, now infamous, comments about video games, which in short said that ...

Updated 13-08-10 at 09:55 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Industry , Editorial
  5. Sometimes, less is more (but not always)

Ever since games progressed past the level of Pong, almost every game has some sort of a storyline. At the time of the NES, some stories were only briefly mentioned on the box or in the manual, requiring the player to use their imagination to piece together the story. Around the time of the SNES, stories were told through dialog, scripted scenes, etc. Since then, that's roughly been the way things have worked. Nowadays, cinematic cutscenes are added to the way that players experience the stories ...

Updated 13-08-10 at 09:55 by SteveSawyer

Tags: plot, story Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Industry , Editorial
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Retro Gaming RoundUp