View RSS Feed

SteveSawyer

1. Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.2 Review (PC)

It's not very often that I'm tasked with writing about a game, and find myself writing a review, or anything related to that game without having actually finished the game. But this is one of those unfortunate times. The reason for me not being able to complete Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2? It's not because the game itself is so terrible that I have no desire to play it whatsoever, nor is it the fact that the game is riddled with bugs, or glitches, or anything of the like. Sadly what's killing Tom Clancy's ...
  2. Most Overrated Game Franchises of All Time

The Most Overrated Franchises of All Time

A story, by Steve Sawyer

Everyone has their favorite anything. Favorite food, favorite music, favorite method of hiding contraband for border excursions into other countries, etc, etc. And games are no exception. Everyone has a favorite game, or a favorite franchise. Some of these franchises are the favorites of so many that they become declarations of greatness unto themselves with every subsequent release that follows. But ...

Updated 10-11-10 at 01:55 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Industry , Editorial
  3. Fallout New Vegas

I'm going to level with you right now, this isn't a review, hence the lack of “Review” in the title. This is simply me writing about Fallout New Vegas. If you want a standard cookie cutter “Review” you should be prepared for disappointment. When I sat down to finally write about Fallout New Vegas, I was faced with the reality that I was doing so long after most people have let loose ...

Updated 13-02-11 at 07:16 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Editorial
  4. Dead Rising 2 Review: Another 72 Hrs.

At first I didn't know how to write about Dead Rising 2, and when I say that, I want to specify that I didn't know what perspective to take on the game when reviewing it. That's because Dead Rising 2 exists in a few different spaces. There is Dead Rising 2 the game, the design, and the sequel, and sadly I may be the only person who saw the game existing in those three different spaces. ...

Updated 08-10-10 at 05:57 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC
  5. Sex. And why games need it.

Sex

Just that word alone is enough to send some into a titillated frenzy of obscene thoughts, and immature meanderings. For those who have experienced it, it represents fun, pleasure, exploration, and in many instances, love. For those who haven't, sex is the ultimate mystery, and for some the pinnacle of self conquest. Sex is a powerful thing, and ultimately is ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp