View RSS Feed

SteveSawyer

1. From the Editor's Desk.

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people that read this site with any real regular frequency have probably been wondering where everything went. I can assure you that we didn't simply fall of the face of the earth. Instead we have been hard at work on a few things that will change the face and scope of this site forever.

We are about to unveil a totally new and restructured content system, news and reviews will have their own dedicated sections,
  2. On the subject of Journalism... Pt. II

So my post about journalism last week seemed to have hit a nerve with gamers. So much so, that I felt I needed to write a quick follow up to my own editorial. Last week I touched on a lot of issues within the gaming journalism universe, but because of my love of keeping things brief, I didn't really deal with any one thing as deeply as I may have needed to. So what follows is my pithy attempt to explain myself a bit more clearly, and to try and bring some reason to the insanity I have created. ...
    Tags: editorial Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Industry , Editorial
  3. On the subject of Journalism...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...er-bribery.ars

I want you to read that. I want you to read every single word of it, and when you're done, I want you to come back to this page ready to listen.

Ready?
    I want to preface this by saying that not only is this one of those editorials that isn't going to win me any friends, I may very well run the risk of losing some of the friends I have. But I feel compelled ...

Updated 13-02-11 at 07:03 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Industry , Editorial
  4. Sex. And why games need it.

Sex

Just that word alone is enough to send some into a titillated frenzy of obscene thoughts, and immature meanderings. For those who have experienced it, it represents fun, pleasure, exploration, and in many instances, love. For those who haven't, sex is the ultimate mystery, and for some the pinnacle of self conquest. Sex is a powerful thing, and ultimately is ...

Retro Gaming RoundUp