View RSS Feed

SteveSawyer

1. Aliens Vs Predator Review

Greater minds than I are probably in charge of answering questions like...

“Should we reboot Alien Vs Predator?”

So I want to form this review as a series of questions to the person or persons who decided the answer to that question should be a resounding “Yes.”

Question 1.
    Who thought it was a good idea to get rid of crouching?

This was the ...

Updated 14-12-10 at 06:53 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Editorial
  2. Front Mission Evolved Review

It didn't take much to get me interested in Front Mission Evolved. I was a huge Mechwarrior nut as a kid, and I may have been one of the few that played through almost every Armored Core game known to man with my younger brother, and both Zone of the Enders games. And don't even get me started on all the fond memories I have of Mech Assault and Mech Assault 2. In other words, ...

Updated 07-12-10 at 12:15 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC
  3. Sabotage!: How EA killed The Saboteur.

After playing The Saboteur, I can safely say one thing. EA sent this game out to die. There is simply no other explanation why something that is dripping with so much atmosphere, innovation, and quality managed to slip so far under the radar that I hadn't heard of it until a year after it's release. It seemed like the ultimate last slap in the face for Pandemic... a studio that had managed ...

Updated 04-11-10 at 11:21 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Editorial
  4. Dead Rising 2 Review: Another 72 Hrs.

At first I didn't know how to write about Dead Rising 2, and when I say that, I want to specify that I didn't know what perspective to take on the game when reviewing it. That's because Dead Rising 2 exists in a few different spaces. There is Dead Rising 2 the game, the design, and the sequel, and sadly I may be the only person who saw the game existing in those three different spaces. ...

Updated 08-10-10 at 05:57 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC
  5. Fort Zombie Review

How does something like Fort Zombie pass inspection? How does someone playtest something like this and say to themselves “yes, this game has reached the appropriate level of polish necessary for me to say that this game is fit for public consumption”? I want to know how it's possible, and who made it possible for a game like Fort Zombie to get made. But beyond that I want ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp