View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Worms Reloaded Review

I really want to dive into some flowery introduction that's so full of prose and procrastination that it's disgusting. I say this only because I want to try and avoid saying that I have a problem with a Worms game, but ultimately that's the crux of this review. I suppose I tried to stifle those feelings out of self preservation. A need to keep something that once seemed so sacred ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:46 by SteveSawyer

Tags: steam, team17, worms Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy Review/Retrospective

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Trilogy consists of

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat

Don't expect this to be a sequential set of reviews by any means, as I'm reviewing these games as a Trilogy.

One wouldn't think that a human tragedy of epic proportions with long term consequences that are still ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:45 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rocket Knight Review

Continuing in my ongoing Jet Pack Games Series, today I would like to present to you Rocket Knight, a delightfully charming game about an Opossum with a jet pack and a sword. And in continuing with another trend I seem to have established, this game is a throwback of sorts. With it being a direct sequel to the Sega Genesis classic Rocket Knight Adventures. However, unlike most of the ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:47 by SteveSawyer

Tags: konami, xbox360 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lead And Gold Review

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Review by Steve Sawyer

Team Fortress 2 isn't exactly on my top ten list of games that I pick to play when I scroll down my Steam list. It's not that I dislike the game, quite the opposite is true. I rather like Team Fortress 2, the art style reminds me quite a bit of the golden age of comic books, and the violence is so over

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:51 by SteveSawyer

Tags: ps3, xbox360 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beat Hazard Review

I love music games, and rhythm games quite a bit. Though I'm not the biggest fan of the Guitar Hero or Rock Band experience when it pertains to music based video games. If anything I am a much bigger champion of quirky games like Rez and Audiosurf which feature deceptively deep gameplay, intricately blending beat synchronized gameplay and point linking that's about as ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:52 by SteveSawyer

Tags: steam, xbla Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp