View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Just got my "101 Games in 1" controller in the mail. This thing is shameless.

The odd thing about it is, it takes 4 AAA batteries. But the controller is shaped fairly well, the buttons feel pretty good, and there are the regular A and B buttons, along with separate turbo versions of them ... though the directional pad feels a bit floaty, and there's a constant buzz when the thing is plugged in. But it was $10 brand new when it was actually being sold by the company, so I kind of expect it. The only thing that really annoys me is the fact that there isn't any light to show ...

Updated 06-04-10 at 09:11 by Dhalamar

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More Shtuff

Yeah, totally original title isn't it? Well, I didn't feel like writing anything meaningful. Just got back from another Goodwill/pawn shop run.

Those are all PC games, and they are Red Faction, American McGee's Alice, MVP Baseball 2004, Shadow Warrior and the final one ... a budget game from ValuSoft called "Elite Forces : Navy Seals" ... laughably terrible first person shooter that crashed 5 minutes ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Another little Goodwill/pawn shop find

The Star Wars one is obvious and cost me 4 bucks. The Sega Genesis one ... I don't know what games are on that one ... that cost me 2. Haven't shoved any batteries in it yet.

Then there are the PS3 games for the system that is still in layaway. SF4 cost me 10 bucks because it was just the disc. And Killzone 2 cost me 15.

Then there's the REAL black sheep of the bunch. A plug and play game that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A little voice rant.

http://www.wastedseconds.com/files/rant.mp3 A bit of a warning : Not safe for work.

Talking about the reason I'm listening to the podcast now, and why I almost stopped listening to it all together. Scott's already heard some of this in my drunken delirium while waiting for a game of M.U.L.E. to start up, but there's some extra stuff that I didn't bring up. A little something about almost giving an old woman walking her dog a heart attack at 4 in the morning.

And a little ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. For once the pawn shop actually had something interesting.

Went to the local Goodwill and a pawn shop near it and snagged some stuff.

Goodwill

Nascar 2001 - $3
    NCAA March Madness 2000 - $3
    Nirvana's In Utero cassette tape for 50 cents just because I like that album.

Yeah, I have a strong feeling I overpaid by, well, $6 for the games. But it's still kind of interesting to see how those games have progressed over the years.

And finally, the pawn shop had Final Fantasy VII, Gauntlet ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp