View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – MAME Cab Part 1

Over the coming weeks I’m going to serialise the conversion and renovation job that I did on my MAME Cab, going from an empty shell in a dusty old stable to the finished article running thousands of games. So hands up who has never been in a Video Game Arcade as a kid and marveled at the sights, sounds and even the smells therein. People of my generation are lucky in that we were kids when the arcades had their heyday. They still had the early classic games in such as Space Invaders, Asteroids and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - Bruce Lee

I’m afraid the political heavyweights will be disappointed by this blog entry.

We’re taking a breather from the normally deep and intense discussion generating material found here and we’re doing a simple game review. That’s a simple review of a game not a review of a simple game, though I suppose that description’s probably fairly true as well. We’re going to look at what is without doubt one of the finest 8bit platformers out there. In fact if you think about it most of the greatest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - The Desert Dump

Well, well, well, it just so happens that this edition of The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack falls on a traditional American holiday, Thanksgiving of course, so to celebrate a typically American holiday we’re covering a typically American pastime, dumping shit in Mexico.

Well, New Mexico.

We all love the Mythbusters right? Right? Good, because this time around we’re going to try and bust wide open a Myth that has been around for almost 30 years. The Myth we’re busting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - The Video Game Crash, apparently.

Somebody told me one day that there had been a video game crash. They called it the great American Video Game crash of 1983, and apparently it was a big deal, at least to them anyway, and I suppose to other people in America too. What was this crash that I heard so much about and why didn’t I experience it too dammit?
    As one person put it, "The North American Video Game Crash" refers to a period from 1983 to 1986 when nobody gave a flying fuck about video games.
    So, the facts then ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - The Addams Family Games

As you may have guess, or nay not even need to guess, there are tons of Addams Family games out there on all sorts of systems, but for the sake of this exercise we'll be concentrating on one of my favourite games, certainly in the 16bit era anyway.

Between 1989 and 1994 there were half a dozen games based on the Intellectual Property of The Addams Family including of course a great pinball table by Bally Midway in 1992, one which broke previous sales records by selling over 20,000 ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp