View RSS Feed

UK Mike (miner2049er)

Some of my ramblings.

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - The BBC Micro

The BBC Micro Computers

Welcome to another one of my UK based articles under a new name, the Bi-Weekly British Backtrack which kind of gives the game away. We will try to keep to a bi-weekly schedule and we will be coming from Britain, but we won't always cover British items. Anyway, next up is a decidedly British product, this time we're looking at the British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System, or the BBC Micro for short.

The BBC Micro was a series of computers ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Sinclair C5

Once again we're going to feature another piece of UK specific hardware. This isn’t a game or gaming system but as you’ll see it is connected to the UK gaming industry. What I'm going to tell you about is another piece of British invention but this time it’s one that is perhaps best left to the annals of time. I'm going to tell you about the Sinclair C5.

The C5 was a single passenger pedal and battery powered vehicle that came out of the 1980s from the company Sinclair who were not ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Supremacy (Overlord) Review

Welcome to my review of the space strategy game Supremacy.

Its full title is either Supremacy: Your Will Be Done or if you’re in the US you would know it as simply Overlord.

It’s a strategy game designed by David Perry and Nick Bruty and produced by Probe Software for the Commodore Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS and the NES.

The Amiga and Atari ST versions were released in 1990 and are pretty much the same game, and in that same year the Commodore ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  4. Grand Prix Legends

GRAND PRIX LEGENDS

Grand Prix Legends is an old racing sim in every sense of the word, not for the faint of heart this is a true racing sim. Developed by Papyrus Design Group and published in 1998 by Sierra Entertainment, it simulates the 1967 Formula One season and is considered one of the most realistic racing games ever. It is definitely not an arcade experience, there is not a weapon or a power up in sight, this is for the die hards only.
    Of all the classic Formula One ...
    Categories
    PC , Classic / Retro
  5. The Prestel System

The first gaming system I ever got was a Prestel machine, so let's look at the Prestel and see what the system was all about

We got our prestel around 1979 when they were first commercially launched in the UK having been in development since the early 70s.

The name Prestel is an abbreviation for Press Telephone which is the brand name for the UK Post Office's Viewdata technology.

Basically it was what's called an interactive videotex system that used ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Retro Gaming RoundUp