View RSS Feed

Classic / Retro

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - Jet Set Willy

We're going back to a software review this time with a review of a distinctly British game, and no it isn't Tea Drinking or Warm Beer related, it's the retro platformer Jet Set Willy.

Jet Set Willy was one of my favourite games, and it's finest version was on one of my favourite systems. Perhaps a little surprisingly it was a sequel which is often a curse but in this case is most definitely not. It was the sequel to Manic Miner, both games being written by Matthew Smith. Smith was ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - The Amstrad CPC Computers

This column seems to come around more quickly each time, it seems like just a couple of weeks ago when I last. ...... oh.....

Anyway, we're back to the UK hardware again, and we'll take a look at both the company and the product too. Specifically we'll look at the range of Amstrad CPC computers, but first we'll look at how they came to be.

Amstrad was founded in 1968 by Alan Sugar and the company name is derived from his own name (Alan M Sugar Trading) the M standing ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Industry
  3. Supremacy (Overlord) Review

Welcome to my review of the space strategy game Supremacy.

Its full title is either Supremacy: Your Will Be Done or if you’re in the US you would know it as simply Overlord.

It’s a strategy game designed by David Perry and Nick Bruty and produced by Probe Software for the Commodore Amiga, Atari ST, Commodore 64, DOS and the NES.

The Amiga and Atari ST versions were released in 1990 and are pretty much the same game, and in that same year the Commodore ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  4. Grand Prix Legends

GRAND PRIX LEGENDS

Grand Prix Legends is an old racing sim in every sense of the word, not for the faint of heart this is a true racing sim. Developed by Papyrus Design Group and published in 1998 by Sierra Entertainment, it simulates the 1967 Formula One season and is considered one of the most realistic racing games ever. It is definitely not an arcade experience, there is not a weapon or a power up in sight, this is for the die hards only.
    Of all the classic Formula One ...
    Categories
    PC , Classic / Retro
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Retro Gaming RoundUp