View RSS Feed

Editorial

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – MAME Cab Part 2

Q. What’s black and sits in the corner of a stable in Yorkshire for years?
    A. My new arcade cab project.

So here it is in all its glory. Well, excuse the condition but it had been living in North Yorkshire, and that would test the mettle of any man, and indeed the metal too. Do you know any metal men?

Last time I mentioned that the ideal scenario would be to get a cab that was no longer functional then I wouldn’t have the guilt trip of sacrificing a piece of ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Editorial
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – April Fools Day

Is there such a thing as Happy April Fool’s Day? If not, then Happy April 1st, and Happy April 2nd for tomorrow while we’re at it.

What makes today so special? Well apart from the release of this awesome addition to my literary catalogue, it is a day traditionally associated with tomfoolery, but nobody seems to know why. Lots of people claim to know why but even the font of all knowledge, Wikipedia, is non committal. Surprising for a site that contains nothing but verified facts............. ...
    Categories
    Editorial
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – Retro iPods

Sometimes oldest is bet.

It seems strange to call a device as modern as the iPod retro, but looking at the iPod Touch of today, the older iPods do take on somewhat of a retro feel, and as with most things, that is an advantage. You remember that in an earlier entry I said that I have used a portable media player of one kind or another for a while, and that I found myself using a Creative Zen, and I was happy using it?
    That changed when I heard this word "Podcast."
    Categories
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - What Is Retro?

Now then, I’ve got a can here with something in it. I’m going to open it up and see what’s inside.

Hmm, it’s full of worms.

So, now I just opened a can of worms it’s time to open another one but this one is slightly different, this one is reviving an age old debate. The debate of What is retro?

First off, we need to take back a couple of terms, we’re taking back “retro” and we’re taking back “classic.” If you think about an analogy to represent the 2 ...
    Categories
  5. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - iTunes Schmitunes

For a long time now, I have used portable media players of one kind or another, cassette based, CD based, CD-MP3 based, Hard Drive based and the solid state variety. I have always been a fan of portable media players and have owned several which have always served me well, but recently, things have changed, and not just for me, but for people in general. The way that we listen to all audio based material, but particularly music, has changed.

Gone are the days of watching and listening ...

Updated 05-02-11 at 02:26 by miner2049er

Categories
    Editorial
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp