View RSS Feed

Industry

1. IGN Sold!

Well, after months of wondering the fate of News Corpís IGN Entertainment, wonder no more. It was just announced IGN Entertainment was purchased for an ďundisclosed amountĒ by mega media company Ziff-Davis.

If you are confused by all of this, so are we. Letís try and sort all this out. First, you might recall 1UP.com was owned by Ziff-Davis before they sold it to UGO Entertainment in 2009. Then IGN Entertainment eventually bought UGO in 2011 and thus, also owned 1UP. Now, it was just ...
    Categories
    Industry
  2. Member Industry Blog: Videogames, toys, serious or childish?

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Nintendo Wii, a system that some of you whine or disrespect, either because you think itís a toy, or think itís a system full of shovel ware or maybe you just donít like Nintendo and you live by the ďGenesis does what NintendonítĒ rules. In my honest opinion it doesnít have much to do with those at all, what I can see are to polar opposites between the Wii and the 360/PS3, as the Wii caters to almost anyone, the 360 and PS3 caters more to the gamer who has a history in gaming, however there is a
    Categories
    Industry
  3. E3 2010, my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Flare View Post
    Alright, so I watched the big three conferences. My thoughts...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My favorite conference was Nintendo's. They didn't show as many games as Sony, but had a lot of titles I actually want to play. The one that interested me the most was Kirby Epic Yarn. Damn, that game looks fun to play. I also had goosebumps when I saw Donkey Kong Country Returns. I am a huge fan of this game as I played and completed 100% the previous SNES
    Categories
    Industry

Retro Gaming RoundUp