View RSS Feed

GameGavel

1. GameGavel State-of-the-Website Address - September 2010

It has been 2 Ĺ years since I launched GameGavel.com (originally ChaseTheChuckwagon.com). During this time the site has grown to just under 5,000 members, has hosted over 300,000 listings and has now sold over $200,000 in merchandise. It is ranked in the top 150,000 websites in the United States and has seen upwards of 50,000 unique visitors and 200,000 page views per month. Considering what I was up against, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. iPad - Great Adventures: Lost in the Mountains from Chillingo Available

This grand strategic adventure is exclusively for the iPad
    Solve the mystery of the missing scientist in Great Adventures: Lost in the Mountains. This huge adventure game will have you solving puzzles, taking on quests and even controlling multiple characters at once in an engaging detective story. Discover new locations, maintain the health and happiness of your adventurers ...
    Categories
    Mobile
  3. Member Industry Blog: Videogames, toys, serious or childish?

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post
    Nintendo Wii, a system that some of you whine or disrespect, either because you think itís a toy, or think itís a system full of shovel ware or maybe you just donít like Nintendo and you live by the ďGenesis does what NintendonítĒ rules. In my honest opinion it doesnít have much to do with those at all, what I can see are to polar opposites between the Wii and the 360/PS3, as the Wii caters to almost anyone, the 360 and PS3 caters more to the gamer who has a history in gaming, however there is a
    Categories
    Industry
  4. Member Review: Decimation X - a retro inspired Xbox Live Indie Game

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalamar View Post
    A neat little 80 point retro inspired shooter Ö mix the left to right gameplay of Space Invaders and Galaga with bullet hell and you get Decimation X. An insane, fast paced, and sometimes infuriatingly difficult arcade shooter with support for up to four players locally.

Of course, there are a few bullet hell style shooters in the indie games section, but they generally fail miserably. This on the other hand gets it right. But if youíre looking for a walk in the park, this may not be
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Member Review: Galaga Legions on Xbox Live Arcade

Quote Originally Posted by SepticLemon View Post

Galaga was one game that I remember when I was very small, and to hear that it would get a proper sequel sound awesome considering that all the other versions of this game were just ports or remakes of the classic arcade game.

The game feels like Geometry Wars in which you can move across the whole screen; however you can only shoot up. This is where the satellites
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp