View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. IGN Sold!

Well, after months of wondering the fate of News Corp’s IGN Entertainment, wonder no more. It was just announced IGN Entertainment was purchased for an “undisclosed amount” by mega media company Ziff-Davis.

If you are confused by all of this, so are we. Let’s try and sort all this out. First, you might recall 1UP.com was owned by Ziff-Davis before they sold it to UGO Entertainment in 2009. Then IGN Entertainment eventually bought UGO in 2011 and thus, also owned 1UP. Now, it was just ...
    Categories
    Industry
  2. The British Backtrack – Stolen Nintendo 3DS eShop Account

Well it’s been a while since the last update on this supposedly fortnightly blog, but then real life has a habit of getting in the way of all good laid plans and for the foreseeable future will continue to do so.

That said, I can still scrape together enough motiviation, concentration and brain power for the occasional wittering so it might be best to change the Monicker from The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack to just the plain old British Backtrack. It’s just the same but without the ...
    Categories
    Nintendo , Industry , Editorial
  3. The Memory Formula

Having played video games for 2 decades now, I feel as though I have a certain learned authority that I have acquired over years of playing both the real winners, and true stinkers. It seems that as games as a medium evolve, their potential to inspire a certain kind of awe grows, while their limitless potential to truly suck rocks never diminishes. A classic title that excelled, still does today and you can go back and replay it, and some of that old nostalgic feeling envelopes you in a warm blanket ...
  4. From the Editor's Desk.

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people that read this site with any real regular frequency have probably been wondering where everything went. I can assure you that we didn't simply fall of the face of the earth. Instead we have been hard at work on a few things that will change the face and scope of this site forever.

We are about to unveil a totally new and restructured content system, news and reviews will have their own dedicated sections,
  5. Gamer Gear: SNES mouse returns?

Crazy add-on devices keep on flooding the Wii system. So what is next for the humble white system? Udraw Studio is the next of these money grabbing gimmicks. Developed by Pipeworks Software and published by THQ UDraw Studio has a street price of $69.99. What at first appears nothing more than a mouse and pad for your Wii it does have some interesting features.
    The marketing clearly looks like something that Disney would pop out of its cave. You get a mouse ...
    Tags: gamergear, wii Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Nintendo , Industry , Editorial
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp