View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. MicroQuest - Free Chips Challenge style game...

Quote Originally Posted by spinal View Post
    I would like to introduce my new (first) iOS game - MicroQuest.

As programmer Curtis Nerdly was working on his new game, he found evidence that a dastardly pirate by the name of Capt. Nick De Code had gained access to his computer and had stolen a copy of the game. Capt. Nick then proceded to spread copies of the game, causing disruption in his wake.
    Help Curtis track down the missing copies of his game and strike a blow against Capt. Nick De Code and his pirate friends.
    Categories
    Mobile , Classic / Retro
  2. Flash Coming to the iPhone/iPad

Image courtesy of Cult of Mac

Rejoice!

Flash, Adobe's coding structure that takes up nearly 3/4s of the internet, is finally coming to the iDevices...sorta. Previously, Apple was adamant on keeping Flash away from their hardware, stating that it doesn't work for mobile devices and would suck up way to much battery power.

Skyfire finds away around Apple's restriction. Instead of trying to display Flash ...
    Tags: flash, idevice Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Mobile
  3. Here, have a Playstation Phone

That's right, it exists.

The Playstation Phone is coming to a cellular provider (hopefully) near you sometime soon, and is quite the machine actually. Rumored to be launching with the Android 3.0 OS, Sony's new Phone/Portable Gaming System will launch with a 1GHz processor, 512 MB of Ram, 1GB of ROM, a touch screen, all the familiar face and shoulder buttons, and a multitouch pad where the face buttons are, which means ...
    Categories
    Mobile
  4. EA Buys Angry Birds Publisher.

Image Courtsey of Asiabizz and Rovio

Angry Birds is seriously the best game to touch my Android Phone, and I've picked up a lot of free trials from the Android Marketplace. I think a lot of iPhone users can say the same about Angry Birds and their respective services, and I think EA knows that when the decided to buy Chillingo, the publisher of Angry Birds on the iDevices.

The deal reportedly ...
  5. Glasses-Less 3D GUI Coming to Android Phones, 3DS

Ok, I know the 3DS thing is a given. I mean, if developers can't figure out a way to make use of the 3D capabilities of the 3DS in a meaningful way, I guess they would at least default to the HUD and Menu's. But this 3D on phones thing is special.

ScaleForm, makers of the GUI's you see in various games from Mass Effect 2 to Mod Nation Racers, have recently been developing a new 3D GUI to be used with autostereoscopic 3D displays. While the conformation of support of ...
    Categories
    Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp