View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The British Backtrack – Stolen Nintendo 3DS eShop Account

Well it’s been a while since the last update on this supposedly fortnightly blog, but then real life has a habit of getting in the way of all good laid plans and for the foreseeable future will continue to do so.

That said, I can still scrape together enough motiviation, concentration and brain power for the occasional wittering so it might be best to change the Monicker from The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack to just the plain old British Backtrack. It’s just the same but without the ...
    Categories
    Nintendo , Industry , Editorial
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – A year older or a year younger?

A year older, a year wiser, a year younger. Well that's the way it feels.

Twelve months ago I sat here (well it was over there in the other chair actually, but you get the picture) and I wrote about the Christmas gift I was getting the next day, the Amazon Kindle. That Kindle is still going strong and is still being used almost daily. In fact it is so good out of the box that it's one of the few things I haven't hacked. I bought it to read on and it does that admirably well by default. ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Editorial
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – Lest We Forget

How ironic that the Bi-Weekly British Backtrack falls on this day of all days, a day for us to be British and a day for us to look back.

There are ways to connect this to gaming, which is ostensibly what this blog is about, but it’s also about being British and all that being British entails, and I don’t just mean bad teeth and drinking tea at 3pm. I mean British tradition, British quirks and some general wackiness along the way, but this time around it is of course 11/11/11, or as ...
    Categories
    Editorial
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack – Halloween

So I had a week off work this week and planned a lengthy and inspiring article to round it off, waxing lyrical about the quite recent “Americanisation” of Halloween that has happened in the UK in recent years, turning what was a popular event into a much more commercial and wider celebrated event. It was always the little brother of Bonfire Night but has now overtaken it as kids are putting much more effort into their Trick or Treating and the Health And Safety bods get their hands on Bonfire Night ...
    Categories
    Editorial
  5. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - Steve Jobs

So a little over a week has gone by and we’ve had time to digest the news of Steve Jobs’ death on October 5th, by his family’s reports a peaceful passing. A peaceful passing that has inspired anything but peace in the wonderful world of the Internet. Apple fanboys are in mourning while others dance on his virtual grave, so why has one man spawned such opposing reactions?

Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco to Joanne Carole Schieble, an American ...
    Categories
    Editorial
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp