View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The PS3 has become an emulating powerhouse!

Until the recent PS3 hacks the original xbox was the go to console for playing emulators of retro games. Now thanks to the work of some diligent hackers you can have a similar experience with your PS3 console. You no longer need to buy a jailbreak device but you do need to learn how to hack your console.

If you are on 3.55 firmware and you want to play home brew and emulators you should definitely get Kmeaw's CFW. http://ps3crunch.com/installing-kmea...r-support.html ...
    Tags: emulator, ps3 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Marvel VS Capcom 3 - Fate of Two Worlds - The first 12 hours

I have said before in previous posts that I am a fighting games fanatic. It should come as no surprise that I've logged hours upon hours in the first two MVC games. The first one is more than likely responsible for failure of no less than two classes in high school. When I heard that a third game was being released, I greatly anticipated its release and followed its development closely.

I picked up MVC- Fate of Two Worlds on the 360. Now, that I have my grubby little hands on it, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. From the Editor's Desk.

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people that read this site with any real regular frequency have probably been wondering where everything went. I can assure you that we didn't simply fall of the face of the earth. Instead we have been hard at work on a few things that will change the face and scope of this site forever.

We are about to unveil a totally new and restructured content system, news and reviews will have their own dedicated sections,
  4. F-Zero SNES Retro Review

F-Zero was many things to Nintendo when it was released. It marked the first high caliber racing game Nintendo developed themselves, starred the mature character in Captain Falcon, a bounty hunter for hire, and showcased the amazing graphical capabilities of Nintendo’s 16-bit platform.

Although the original F-Zero pales in comparison to today’s racers in terms of complexity and versatility, it carries a certain charm that cannot be denied.

F-Zero captivated players ...
    Tags: racing, snes Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Retro Review - Pilotwings 64 - Nintendo 64

Ever since the Wright brothers first took flight man has continued to explore the skies above. The dream of flight has been the dream of many and thanks to Paradigm Entertainment you can taste this experience without all that witty pilot banter!

Pilotwings 64 crash landed on the Nintendo 64 in 1996 as a launch title for their new 64 bit system. The game was developed by the much praised Paradigm Entertainment developer, which unfortunately closed its doors in 2008. ...
Page 12 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp