View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Holy Grail of Game Boys: An Incredible Score!

Stalking the Retro finds the Holy Grail of Game-Boys. I found it in this little shop hidden away in an electronics super mall that I often frequent.

Techno Mart is one of Seoul's most famous electronics malls. Eight floors of electronic goodness

Techno Mart very rarely has any retro games but I managed to find this little dusty and poorly maintained booth that had what I was looking for. ...

Updated 04-02-12 at 03:11 by indieseoul

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack Disco Fever Pinball Restoration 02

Welcome back, I didn't expect you so soon. are you sitting comfortably? Well I'll begin.

Eager to get this thing working I started off by assembling the table, first by bolting the back box onto the cabinet, and once its physically attached with the bolts there are all of the connectors that link the playfield to the circuits in the back box and also a grounding strip.

Better not to get them mixed up.

Williams connectors are coloured and shaped so that ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack Disco Fever Pinball Restoration 01

I really should stop listening to people sometimes, especially when they suggest that I need to add something to my minimalist home arcade, and even more so when that something is a pinball machine.

Yes, this is going to be about my next adventure in arcade machine repair, and in particular about the 1978 Williams System 3 pinball machine, Disco Fever, but first how did I come to own it?

Id never really been a huge pinball fan because Id always been much more into ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack A year older or a year younger?

A year older, a year wiser, a year younger. Well that's the way it feels.

Twelve months ago I sat here (well it was over there in the other chair actually, but you get the picture) and I wrote about the Christmas gift I was getting the next day, the Amazon Kindle. That Kindle is still going strong and is still being used almost daily. In fact it is so good out of the box that it's one of the few things I haven't hacked. I bought it to read on and it does that admirably well by default. ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Editorial
  5. King of Kong: A Fistful of Characters.

The year is 1982 you have a fistful of quarters burning a hole in your pocket. The only sensible thing would be to spend them on video games. King of Kong is a very entertaining documentary about high scores and the arcade paradise that was the 1980's. The makers of this film must have decided that in order to get more asses in the seats it would be prudent to create an entertaining rivalry. They did just that by characterizing Billy Mitchell as the cartoon bad guy and by using Steve Wiebe as a ...

Updated 18-12-11 at 01:59 by indieseoul

Tags: movies, review Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp