View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - What Is Retro?

Now then, I’ve got a can here with something in it. I’m going to open it up and see what’s inside.

Hmm, it’s full of worms.

So, now I just opened a can of worms it’s time to open another one but this one is slightly different, this one is reviving an age old debate. The debate of What is retro?

First off, we need to take back a couple of terms, we’re taking back “retro” and we’re taking back “classic.” If you think about an analogy to represent the 2 ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro , Editorial
  2. Fable III: Traitors Keep DLC

Today, the new DLC for Fable 3 hit, and it was a pretty large update. Large by Fable standards mind you, is maybe 4 hours of content, if your lucky. Traitors Keep is a new quest line in the game, that kicks off with an assassination attempt from a place called The Keep, a large island prison holding the most dangerous criminals in Albion. What amazes me is that you didn't know about it. Your the frigging king of the country, nay, the entire known world as I understand it, and shit just keeps popping ...
    Tags: dlc, fable iii Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Comics and Film- A Bad Cocktail

Its odd to think that two mediums that share so much in common, have done so poorly as a combo. I love each dearly, but as history has shown they don't exactly play well together on-screen and I want to talk a bit about why I think that is. It comes down to both having strengths and weaknesses as mediums of storytelling. I'm going to give a couple of well known examples to show you what I mean.

First I think its important to really look at the main people in comics. Usually hero ...

Updated 28-02-11 at 04:25 by JoshWright

Tags: comics, movies Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Editorial
  4. Me and Rpgs - thoughts.

The very first game I ever played on Nintendo was Dragon Warrior, followed by the first Final Fantasy. They were epic, massive immersion games that drew you in and really gave you a reason to keep playing. The random battles, and random item drops gave an element of realistic chaos to the game that inspired a sort of tension. Will that rare gold king slime come back this way, I could surely use some more of that XP. It was silly little ideas like that which kept me glued to game after game ...
    Tags: rpg, thoughts Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - Bruce Lee

I’m afraid the political heavyweights will be disappointed by this blog entry.

We’re taking a breather from the normally deep and intense discussion generating material found here and we’re doing a simple game review. That’s a simple review of a game not a review of a simple game, though I suppose that description’s probably fairly true as well. We’re going to look at what is without doubt one of the finest 8bit platformers out there. In fact if you think about it most of the greatest ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp