View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Stalking the Retro.

Stalking the Retro goes to a North Korean Dirtcade!. Well actually it is a shiny South Korean arcade but that doesn't make headlines. Two games are shown in this video: Crazy Taxi and Terminator Salvation. The video was shot at two different arcades in Seoul S. Korea. The Terminator Salvation video was shot at an arcade called Sega Fun It. The most retro of the machines Crazy taxi was shot at a small arcade near my local movie theater. Listen to the wonderful sounds and see the sights at a South ...
  2. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack Moonraker Fruit Machine

Don't listen to our American cousins, in fact, they're not even our cousins. They're no more our cousins than Barack Obama's grandmother being born in Kenya makes him Kenyan, or the fact that he is President makes him American.

Don't listen to them when they say they invented slot machines, it isn't true I tell you. It isn't true, which is why no self respecting British Arcade game owner should be without a fruit machine in his or her collection, and which is why I no longer am. Without ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  3. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack MAME Cab Part 1

Over the coming weeks Im going to serialise the conversion and renovation job that I did on my MAME Cab, going from an empty shell in a dusty old stable to the finished article running thousands of games. So hands up who has never been in a Video Game Arcade as a kid and marveled at the sights, sounds and even the smells therein. People of my generation are lucky in that we were kids when the arcades had their heyday. They still had the early classic games in such as Space Invaders, Asteroids and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack 1985: The Day After

Another 2 weeks go by and another one of these things pops up in my Calendar Reminders, so without further ado, here it is, the next fascinating installment of The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack, and this time around were looking at a game that I spent hours and hours playing on back in the 80s. Not only was it one of the most addictive games I ever played, but it was also one of the cheapest games I ever bought.

I would often buy Commodore 64 games on the Mastertronic label, and those ...
    Categories
    Classic / Retro
  5. The British Hour gets poorly animated!

Quote Originally Posted by indieseoul View Post
    I know that some of you skip over the British hour because you don't get that wonderful subtle sense of humor that is the epitome of British comedy. So I have decided to dumb it down for you by making a poorly animated version on my Nintendo DS Lite. Yes that dead console that has been destroyed by the AMAZING 3DS!!!!! Well here it is an interview with Scott on: The British Hour!!

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp