View RSS Feed

Sony

1. Splatterhouse makes Steve angry!

I got some hands on time with one of my old school favorites of all time. Splatterhouse.

The problems began as soon as my fingers touched the controller. It's no secret that Splatterhouse has been a game of troubled development. With over three years in the can, and an equal number of developers the game has definitely seen it's share of ups, and downs. But you would think that 3 years in the pipe would ...

Updated 06-09-10 at 07:56 by SteveSawyer

Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , Classic / Retro
  2. E3: Every Dog Has Its Day

So with two days of E3 behind us, let's look at how we're fairing so far. Microsoft underwhelmed us with some interesting but ultimately boring footage of Kinect and didn't really give us any meat to gnaw on. Sure, Kinect is cool, but you know what's cooler? Games. That's why I bought the damn system.

So Nintendo and Sony went today. I have to say, I got excited. I felt that little nervous twinge of anticipation, counting down release dates, looking forward to video game play. Let's ...
    Tags: nintendo, sony Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Nintendo , Sony , Industry
  3. Charging for Downloadable Content is a Scam

Itís already here and people are buying into it: Downloadable content, the way to milk gamers of their hard earned cash.

Imagine someone going into a game store, buying a game thatís all shrink wrapped and their excited to play it. They get home, chainsaw the wrap off (including the annoying extra layer on the tops and sides) and pop in the game to their console. It boots up and they begin playing the game. Suddenly, a few hours in they reach an area and a message comes across the ...
    Tags: dlc Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , PC , Industry , Editorial
  4. Final Fantasy XIII: Itís great butÖ

Itís finally here, Square-Enixís latest installment of Final Fantasy! With an all new crew, an excellent voice cast, a compelling combat system and story, it was well worth the three year wait but there few features that just didnít pique my interest. Hereís the lowdown!

The Story: FFXIII takes places in a divided world; Cocoon and Pulse. Cocoon is run by Sanctum, a government that cooperates with the benevolent falíCie (a group of god-like machines created by the ďMaker). However, ...
    Tags: fantasy, final Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Microsoft , Sony , Industry , Editorial
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Retro Gaming RoundUp