View RSS Feed

Editorial

1. Comics and Film- A Bad Cocktail

Its odd to think that two mediums that share so much in common, have done so poorly as a combo. I love each dearly, but as history has shown they don't exactly play well together on-screen and I want to talk a bit about why I think that is. It comes down to both having strengths and weaknesses as mediums of storytelling. I'm going to give a couple of well known examples to show you what I mean.

First I think its important to really look at the main people in comics. Usually hero ...

Updated 28-02-11 at 04:25 by JoshWright

Tags: comics, movies Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Editorial
  2. From the Editor's Desk.

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly certain that the majority of the people that read this site with any real regular frequency have probably been wondering where everything went. I can assure you that we didn't simply fall of the face of the earth. Instead we have been hard at work on a few things that will change the face and scope of this site forever.

We are about to unveil a totally new and restructured content system, news and reviews will have their own dedicated sections,
  3. Retro Review - Pilotwings 64 - Nintendo 64

Ever since the Wright brothers first took flight man has continued to explore the skies above. The dream of flight has been the dream of many and thanks to Paradigm Entertainment you can taste this experience without all that witty pilot banter!

Pilotwings 64 crash landed on the Nintendo 64 in 1996 as a launch title for their new 64 bit system. The game was developed by the much praised Paradigm Entertainment developer, which unfortunately closed its doors in 2008. ...
  4. The Bi-Weekly British Backtrack - iTunes Schmitunes

For a long time now, I have used portable media players of one kind or another, cassette based, CD based, CD-MP3 based, Hard Drive based and the solid state variety. I have always been a fan of portable media players and have owned several which have always served me well, but recently, things have changed, and not just for me, but for people in general. The way that we listen to all audio based material, but particularly music, has changed.

Gone are the days of watching and listening ...

Updated 05-02-11 at 02:26 by miner2049er

Categories
    Editorial
  5. Gamer Gear: SNES mouse returns?

Crazy add-on devices keep on flooding the Wii system. So what is next for the humble white system? Udraw Studio is the next of these money grabbing gimmicks. Developed by Pipeworks Software and published by THQ UDraw Studio has a street price of $69.99. What at first appears nothing more than a mouse and pad for your Wii it does have some interesting features.
    The marketing clearly looks like something that Disney would pop out of its cave. You get a mouse ...
    Tags: gamergear, wii Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Nintendo , Industry , Editorial
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Retro Gaming RoundUp