TOPICS COVERED IN THE SHOW
Hardware Flashback - (00:00)
Dinosaur Pie - (39:05)
Guinness Gaming Records - (1:18:48)
Aidy: Sir Clive Sinclair - (1:20:12)
BTB Interview - (1:22:48)
Top Ten Top Tens - (2:33:14)
Gaming Trivia - (4:15:33)
Aidy: Hodge Plays Mario Kart - (4:16:00)
Ali Express - (4:19:36)
Live News And Listener Views - (4:36:10)
URLs And EMails - (7:26:50)

See the shownotes page (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2016/roundup100_2016.03.php).

Vote in our Top Ten Poll (http://retrogamingroundup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7621) and suggest a future Top Ten Topic here (http://retrogamingroundup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850).<br>

Join our Facebook Group (<a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/RetroGamingRoundup/121368478521) and follow us on Twitter (<a href="http://www.twitter/rgroundup).

Donate (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/donate.php) to the show.

Podcatch via the RSS Feeds (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/rss).

Stream the show 24/7 (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/247) or listen to RGR Radio (http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/radio).

Leathco
30-03-16, 07:26
Ill comment more or edit this post later, but holy crap, did that Shane guy from the beginning segment on live news have delusions of grandeur? Although it was hilarious to learn he "inspired" the great and powerful oz segments. Just for that, dude is worth a follow, for whatever hilarity he spouts next.

Concerning paying ten grand for a Ghostbusters pin.....wow. At that price, its almost more feasible for someone to create a virtual pinball machine for use with the oculus rift, add some hardware buttons that feel like pin flippers, and away you go, with the added benefit of getting new machines VERY cheap.

On the new vs old debate, I honestly enjoy both a lot. Its great playing the classics I love, or finding games I didn't play back than I love now. But some of these retro styled games are quite good. Shovel Knight, Odallus, Muri, and Binding of Isaac Rebirth Come to mind as my top four that stand out. Many of the people behind these games take the great gameplay from our childhood and actually build upon it. Im looking forward to Slain quite a bit.

Simons making a game? AND it's a metroidvania style game? Where do I pre order? Seriously, some of my favorite games include Symphony of the Night, the 3 Game Boy Advance Castlevania games, and the first DS Castlevania. I can't wait to see what Simon has brewing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using Tapatalk

Piff Merkin
30-03-16, 08:22
Sirs, this is truly an epic episode well worth the title 100th episode!

Kombi
30-03-16, 12:06
Congrats on the 100 guys.
Happy to say I've listened to and loved them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flare
30-03-16, 04:59
Great show guys. And congratulations on reaching 100 roundups!

Best "Live News And Listener Views" segment ever.

Flare
30-03-16, 10:08
And until next time... keep it hetero.

Leathco
31-03-16, 07:15
Update! Shane now has 71 followers last time I looked. Forum users, we gotta pull our share. Get to the show notes, click the passenger radio link, and follow this screwjob.....erm, I mean this upstanding gentleman, this prolific inventor, this spokesman of all things retro.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/passengerseatradio

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160331/52763fd9d9beca8209076d1b7121c93d.jpg

Coleridge
31-03-16, 09:59
Guys. Just wanted to say I loved the new show. My favorite yet. I know I haven't been a vocal member of the community, but I've been listening to you guys since the beginning. The Shane "tribute" was way too long coming and I loved it. I remember how upset I was when the old show drifted and the episodes never came out. You guys have been delivering a podcast every month since the beginning, and it's a model every podcast should follow. You got your shit together.

Take care!

PS. What episode of Passenger Seat radio has the blowjob story? I'm listening to the new one and all I hear is something something, my wife wants a new phone. When do we get to the blowjobs?

Gordon Bennett
02-04-16, 09:17
Ill comment more or edit this post later, but holy crap, did that Shane guy from the beginning segment on live news have delusions of grandeur? Although it was hilarious to learn he "inspired" the great and powerful oz segments. Just for that, dude is worth a follow, for whatever hilarity he spouts next.

To his credit and in all fairness I did listen to and enjoy his Retro Gaming Radio, learned of this show from its being mentioned on his forum and consequently have been listening since show 1 and also quite enjoyed his Dual Screen Radio show, which opened my eyes to a number of good and interesting DS games. I'd like to give those a listen again but can't seem to find them online any longer. Ah, well.

miner2049er
02-04-16, 11:12
Guys. Just wanted to say I loved the new show. My favorite yet. I know I haven't been a vocal member of the community, but I've been listening to you guys since the beginning. The Shane "tribute" was way too long coming and I loved it. I remember how upset I was when the old show drifted and the episodes never came out. You guys have been delivering a podcast every month since the beginning, and it's a model every podcast should follow. You got your shit together.

Take care!

PS. What episode of Passenger Seat radio has the blowjob story? I'm listening to the new one and all I hear is something something, my wife wants a new phone. When do we get to the blowjobs?
I have no idea. That is quite an old clip.

miner2049er
02-04-16, 11:13
To his credit and in all fairness I did listen to and enjoy his Retro Gaming Radio, learned of this show from its being mentioned on his forum and consequently have been listening since show 1 and also quite enjoyed his Dual Screen Radio show, which opened my eyes to a number of good and interesting DS games. I'd like to give those a listen again but can't seem to find them online any longer. Ah, well.
Yes we did give some credit for that and as we said, it's where we all met.

TripHamer
02-04-16, 07:01
Yes we did give some credit for that and as we said, it's where we all met.
Yep! :)

Flare
03-04-16, 05:44
I truly miss Nous Anima and B_Rik_Shitthouse.

Leathco
04-04-16, 12:28
Check the record books, cuz passenger seat radio is still finding new subs!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160403/a1d0e6214a5904226782ee4487ed59ee.jpg

Come on, lets push him to the unforeseen land of triple digits!

Burgertime
04-04-16, 01:48
Oh the things Shane has almost done on his way to suck Ses. :p

miner2049er
04-04-16, 08:25
Spread the love, people.

SubaruBrat
04-04-16, 03:57
Yes, dig deep and keep those follows coming!

smarty-uk
04-04-16, 08:05
Great episode guys, I really enjoyed listening to the live news even though I couldn't stick in the chat for the whole show.

Well done on reaching 100 shows. :CLP

Cheers, Mart.

Atarifever
06-04-16, 01:33
Retrogamingradio was the first podcast I ever listened to. If I recall correctly, I found this podcast a couple years after I stopped listening to that when I went to look it up again and ended up on this one by mistake. I was like "wow, that's actually much better."

Thanks for 100 episodes. It's got me through a lot of stuff. Only Canadian whisky has gotten me through more. Here's to the next 100.

miner2049er
06-04-16, 08:27
Thanks for 100 episodes. It's got me through a lot of stuff. Only Canadian whisky has gotten me through more. Here's to the next 100.

Haha! Excellent

Atarifever
07-04-16, 01:17
Oh my. I'm listening to Shane's latest episode as he live broadcasts right now (if I understand what spreaker is telling me) What am I doing wrong with my life that I have listened to this live before I ever made it to a Live News on here.

Also, he is currently admitting to looking through some girls underwear drawer when he was younger. If I understand it correctly, it was the daughter of his Mom's lover when she wasn't with his Dad? Also, he said something to the effect that his Mom and, maybe, Dad left him home alone as a kid while they went off to have sex I think.

Okay, he must be aware of why his followers went up. Just claimed his parents let him live in a tiny house outside his house where a demon visited him. He is so ending this with "and now fuck off RGR people!" Otherwise, I mean... a demon?

TripHamer
07-04-16, 02:28
Oh my. I'm listening to Shane's latest episode as he live broadcasts right now (if I understand what spreaker is telling me) What am I doing wrong with my life that I have listened to this live before I ever made it to a Live News on here.

Also, he is currently admitting to looking through some girls underwear drawer when he was younger. If I understand it correctly, it was the daughter of his Mom's lover when she wasn't with his Dad? Also, he said something to the effect that his Mom and, maybe, Dad left him home alone as a kid while they went off to have sex I think.

Okay, he must be aware of why his followers went up. Just claimed his parents let him live in a tiny house outside his house where a demon visited him. He is so ending this with "and now fuck off RGR people!" Otherwise, I mean... a demon?

Familiar with the Song Black Sabbath? It's actually based on a similar experience to Shane's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sabbath_%28song%29

Edit: Yeah, he told the demon story years ago.

Leathco
07-04-16, 03:54
He is so ending this with "and now fuck off RGR people!"

Please, can some cut and isolate that, to have in the next episode? Please?

And while I'm here......

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160407/dcb12fd81ad79e0afd258b6f85682478.jpg

75! C'mon people lets see 25 more!

Atarifever
07-04-16, 10:29
Please, can some cut and isolate that, to have in the next episode? Please?

He didn't actually say it. This was just a regular episode afterall. Turns out a real episode of his show involves talking about touching girls underwear in his youth, speaking to a demon, his Mom meeting a ghost, him ending up naked and bleeding all over his floor and ceiling, and details of his parents' sex lives. How was I only subscriber 75 with shows like that?

The part I would isolate would be the part where his wife calls him and he broadcasts his half of the conversation by mistake. "The police can't do shit!" is a particularly choice quote from that one.

miner2049er
07-04-16, 02:59
I listened to a few of the early shows but I gave up when every show contained him going for Drive-Thru coffee and he told a particularly mind numbing tale of buying a cot for his son.

For those listening to PSR in anticipation of Shane addressing the issue, he won't bring it to the attention of his audience. Even if he knows about the Live News fundraiser, he wouldn't discuss it and shatter the illusion for his audience.

We can't even post it in his forums as he doesn't have them any more.

Everything he does now is on Google Plus which I hate even more than Facebook. Anybody in his circles could post it over there though.

Jerky
08-04-16, 04:57
I actually listened to PSR for a while. I actually listened to it years ago when my daughter was a baby and I had to do the nightly feedings--It was pretty harmless and it passed the time. Then Shane's house was robbed and he didn't keep the insurance payments current. And then his daughter ran away and had a baby that Shane would refer to him as a "flipper baby."

Then I thought, "I don't watch stuff like Jerry Springer or any other trash-tv shows. Why the fuck am I listening to this dreck?"

TripHamer
08-04-16, 07:45
I actually listened to PSR for a while. I actually listened to it years ago when my daughter was a baby and I had to do the nightly feedings--It was pretty harmless and it passed the time. Then Shane's house was robbed and he didn't keep the insurance payments current. And then his daughter ran away and had a baby that Shane would refer to him as a "flipper baby."

Then I thought, "I don't watch stuff like Jerry Springer or any other trash-tv shows. Why the fuck am I listening to this dreck?"

I think she's on Flipper Baby #3.....2 at least.

Leathco
09-04-16, 02:46
He didn't actually say it. This was just a regular episode afterall. Turns out a real episode of his show involves talking about touching girls underwear in his youth, speaking to a demon, his Mom meeting a ghost, him ending up naked and bleeding all over his floor and ceiling, and details of his parents' sex lives. How was I only subscriber 75 with shows like that?

The part I would isolate would be the part where his wife calls him and he broadcasts his half of the conversation by mistake. "The police can't do shit!" is a particularly choice quote from that one.
So....dudes gotta be legit insane? Scott, Mike, any input on this? Has he always been on the crazy train or is he a new passenger?

miner2049er
09-04-16, 04:36
I think we gave our thoughts in the show, when Shane is on point he can give good content, but there are some delusions of grandeur.

Leathco
09-04-16, 05:55
I think we gave our thoughts in the show, when Shane is on point he can give good content, but there are some delusions of grandeur.
To me, the stuff in the live news made him out to be big headed, wanting to build himself up to be larger than he really was. The stuff posted in this thread makes me wonder if he has legitimate mental issues. The whole demon thing.....just wow.

miner2049er
09-04-16, 07:27
I suppose that depends on whether you believe in Demons or not. LOL

Atarifever
10-04-16, 12:23
To me, the stuff in the live news made him out to be big headed, wanting to build himself up to be larger than he really was. The stuff posted in this thread makes me wonder if he has legitimate mental issues. The whole demon thing.....just wow.

Maybe it can be both. Maybe he'll eventually claim The Exorcist was actually a story stolen from his diary. :)

Piff Merkin
10-04-16, 06:04
The mental image of Shane and Scott walking and talking at the expo and later Scott listens to the podcast and hears he was edited out. . . Priceless! LOL!

Leathco
10-04-16, 07:09
The mental image of Shane and Scott walking and talking at the expo and later Scott listens to the podcast and hears he was edited out. . . Priceless! LOL!
I can see Shane walking the aisles, talking as if he is alone, with Scott in the background yelling "Im RIGHT HERE!"

Byte Knight
10-04-16, 02:54
Congrats on your 100th episode and thanks for continuing to put out quality content! I loved hearing the stories from the RetroGaming Radio days.

I don't think Shane really cares how many followers that he has - he just likes to hear himself talk... He pissed me off long ago with his trashing of Apple.

Vipp
11-04-16, 09:15

Piff where is this mentioned mate? did i miss out on some info here? i was working on my project when listening to the show but i can't remember this being spoken about but it sounds friking halarious!

Piff Merkin
12-04-16, 05:39
It was in the live news segment after Scott mentioned that The Hardware Flashback started on Shane's show. By the way the Sparkle Puss man on the street segment was hilarious.

Vipp
12-04-16, 08:29
It was in the live news segment after Scott mentioned that The Hardware Flashback started on Shane's show. By the way the Sparkle Puss man on the street segment was hilarious.

Thanks mate, I must have missed it on the night, I'm not at the live news segment yet so fingers crossed. Scott is hilarious when he gets going on a rant!

miner2049er
12-04-16, 11:04
Do yourself a favour and relisten to the special episode Sansabelt Rants

Burgertime
13-04-16, 04:08
For some reason, for the longest time, I kept mistaking the "I change the world" speech for SoCal.

Piff Merkin
13-04-16, 07:12
Do yourself a favour and relisten to the special episode Sansabelt Rants

Sansabelt Rants is my all time favorite episode and it has become a Christmas tradition at my house!

Leathco
13-04-16, 08:18
For some reason, for the longest time, I kept mistaking the "I change the world" speech for SoCal.
Well, for what its worth, he tried to change the world. It just didn't work out well.

Do you know who is changing the world right now? Generous RGR listeners who follow Shane, that's who!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/7aa11d496821a83f35a530d97f628975.jpg

(Really, this never gets old. At least for me.)

Vipp
14-04-16, 10:33
Best Simon Butler quote - "Get home and develop a game you toss pot" HAHA!

SubaruBrat
16-04-16, 07:28
That is awesome! I think the first time I met Steve Woita at an expo he told me about him and his wife listening to a show of ours and I can't recall which one it was, but he just about quoted the whole thing to us in the elevator at the Plaza!