PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate NES remix 3DS

Spin
06-12-14, 03:39
Picked this up and love the title so far.
Got the first one on the WiiU it is great too.
Waited on the 2nd pack as this is a perfect game for a portable.

One odd thing is that my copy did not have any insert for the Nintendo coins.
Not sure why, either way I highly recommend this game.
For those not familiar with this series.
Short changed up levels of NES titles.
So many it is hard to list.
My only true regret is that they are NES games not actual arcade ROM games.
Yeah I know it is NES remix but the purest is me cries out at times for the differences.
The levels are often changed, mirrored, or radially odd and you have to complete 4 short stages to unlock the other levels.
Lots of fun even when you get a game you don't like.

drich255
06-12-14, 07:06
Good to know. I have them both on Wii U, so I probably won't be getting it. It is an alternative, though, for those that don't have a Wii U.

Spin
03-01-15, 03:47
OK still love the title.
Found the coin card as the packaging has changed.
It is now printed on the back of the insert.
I (sadly) called to ask where it was.
Funny part is that the phone guy said I was one of many that call on this problem.
So spreading the knowledge.

Burgertime
04-01-15, 05:52
I still don't get why the **** people are having such a hard time figuring out where Club Nintendo code is. Boggles the mind that no one notices the wording in those little windows.

Vipp
12-01-15, 01:02
Is it true that SEGA may bring out a physical copy of the 3D classics they have ported to the 3DS? I can't remember who told me that so i apologies to that cool person but i will hold off buying more 3D games if i can get a shiny new cart with them on it. :)

SubaruBrat
12-01-15, 04:54
Make a nice cartridge and I will buy it, release another package of downloadable ROMS and I will pass.

Vipp
13-01-15, 11:54
Make a nice cartridge and I will buy it, release another package of downloadable ROMS and I will pass.

That's what i thought Scott - I would be quite happy to drop cash on the physical copy - but otherwise i will stick with the three games i have. :)

drich255
16-01-15, 06:14
Is it true that SEGA may bring out a physical copy of the 3D classics they have ported to the 3DS? I can't remember who told me that so i apologies to that cool person but i will hold off buying more 3D games if i can get a shiny new cart with them on it. :)

I wasn't the one who told you Vipp, but it does look like Japan is getting a retail Sega 3D Classics compilation. No word yet if it is getting a western release.

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/09/26/sega-3d-reprint-archives-officially-announced-with-boxart-by-ken-sugimori/

Vipp
16-01-15, 11:20
I wasn't the one who told you Vipp, but it does look like Japan is getting a retail Sega 3D Classics compilation. No word yet if it is getting a western release.

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/09/26/sega-3d-reprint-archives-officially-announced-with-boxart-by-ken-sugimori/

That is stunning! Thanks D! If Sega don't hassle Nintendo to release this in the UK it will be a sad day for me. I really would like this on my shelf, saying that i wouldn't mind that Japanese version too, it looks brilliant.

drich255
16-01-15, 03:53
That is stunning! Thanks D! If Sega don't hassle Nintendo to release this in the UK it will be a sad day for me. I really would like this on my shelf, saying that i wouldn't mind that Japanese version too, it looks brilliant.

And oddly enough, it would probably be cheaper to buy the retail collection rather than buying the titles individually on the eShop.